Toronto 2 St Thomas | 80.46m | 26s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

Interesting idea. How would some of the units be more affordable than others if they are in the same building? The only way I could imagine it, would be by making the affordable units smaller. Is that what you mean?

Simple accounting by the property management firm that runs the building, the affordable rentals are flagged as such and when someone moves out of one, they fill it with someone else (or family) that can also prove they are low-income earners. I don't see why they have to be any smaller because they are less money. It could be the next step to de-ghettoizing the city.

Simple accounting by the property management firm that runs the building, the affordable rentals are flagged as such and when someone moves out of one, they fill it with someone else (or family) that can also prove they are low-income earners. I don't see why they have to be any smaller because they are less money. It could be the next step to de-ghettoizing the city.

I was just curious as to who would have to subsidize the low income earner who wants to live in a decent sized unit at Charles and Saint Thomas, for example. I was worried you'd suggest the taxpayer would, but you're saying the developer would.

Be wary of noble sentiments people other than yourself need to pay for because eventually 'we run out of other people's money to spend'.

Work starts. From this morning.

IMG_6669.JPG
IMG_6664.JPG
IMG_6670.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6669.JPG
    IMG_6669.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 2,150
  • IMG_6664.JPG
    IMG_6664.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 2,135
  • IMG_6670.JPG
    IMG_6670.JPG
    599.2 KB · Views: 2,049
Moving down. The renders on the hoarding are different than those in the DataBase.

IMG_3989.JPG
IMG_3990.JPG
IMG_3991.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3989.JPG
    IMG_3989.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,877
  • IMG_3990.JPG
    IMG_3990.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,888
  • IMG_3991.JPG
    IMG_3991.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,907
For what it's worth (and it is nice to share this kind of thing) I know residents in the St Thomas apartment building here and they have been really impressed with the consideration of all employees and construction workers who have been working on this site: PCL construction, KingSett, and Bentall Kennedy.

Crane is up in the northeast corner. I would have guessed southwest corner since that is there the tower would be. Perhaps they will add a second one or move it later on in the process.

Back