News   Mar 28, 2024
 6     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

St Clair West

Demolition signage is up for 898-900 St. Clair Ave W.

Anyone knows what is happening to the block over -- right next to LCBO right up to corner of St. Clair W and Robina (916-920 St. Clair W)? All store fronts just got covered up last week. Perhaps another condo development?

Are you sure? This area of St Clair Ave West is going through so much change so quickly!

I'll take a closer look next time I walk by the buildings. I think there was a building permit posted on one of the doors. Will report back when I get more info.

There are a lot of condos going up or being planned for this corridor now. Scoop Condos at 1771 St Clair Ave W is a 3 phase project as they have 492' of frontage across 3x streets.

The development at 898-900 St Clair Ave W is a separate development. The new development here being discussed is from Robina-Alberta.

Took a closer look at the Building Permit (#13-245107 Bld 03 BA, issued Feb 10, 2016) this afternoon and it indicates project as "Multiple building; interior alterations". Dumpsters are outside today and they are already removing fixtures from the former Brunchwork and former Bar 918. Looks like multiple building refers to 916-928 St. Clair W. So a Medical Centre sounds about right, although it's rather low rise -- only 2 levels with perhaps a basement.

Took a closer look at the Building Permit (#13-245107 Bld 03 BA, issued Feb 10, 2016) this afternoon and it indicates project as "Multiple building; interior alterations". Dumpsters are outside today and they are already removing fixtures from the former Brunchwork and former Bar 918. Looks like multiple building refers to 916-928 St. Clair W. So a Medical Centre sounds about right, although it's rather low rise -- only 2 levels with perhaps a basement.
retail / commercial being removed for a medical building?

There is a rumour that the Shoppers Drug Mart that is suppose to open up in Corso at Via Italia and SCW is up in the air because apparently Shoppers might move to a medical centre near Oakwood. could this new medical centre at 918-928 St Clair West be the one?

There is a rumour that the Shoppers Drug Mart that is suppose to open up in Corso at Via Italia and SCW is up in the air because apparently Shoppers might move to a medical centre near Oakwood. could this new medical centre at 918-928 St Clair West be the one?
and why could they not open up both shoppers drug locations? They are not that close.

There is already a Shoppers on St. Clair W between Bathurst and Vaughn. So it doesn't make sense to have one near Oakwood so close to the existing Shoppers already in the area. Opening one in Corso at Via Italia makes more sense to me. I, for one, would love a Shoppers near Oakwood; just right down my street on Robina. Time will tell soon. :)

The 1233 St Clair Ave W site (Via Italia @ SCW) had a hearing March 31st for the Shoppers Development. Apparently all the variances were approved at the C of A. So, apparently now the Site Plan for the Shoppers needs to be approved and thats it. How long does it take to approve a Site Plan? 6 weeks?

Looks like the St. Clair/Silverthorn TPL rebuild is finally going to happen. Many millennials will be familiar with this library as the place where the TV series 'Bookmice' was filmed.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...ion=init&folderRsn=3926071&isCofASearch=false

1748 ST CLAIR AVE W
Ward 17 - Etob. York District

►View All Properties

Proposal to construct a new 2-storey building (Toronto Public Library)
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 16 135323 WET 17 SA Apr 4, 2016 Under Review

Amazing news. This area in particular is really changing now. Scoop Condos is basically across the street.

Do you have any renderings or timelines for this project?

Last edited:

Back