News   Apr 18, 2024
 668     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.9K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Spam sightings

Also got PM spam from proxy. Showed up as uninteligable text (squares mostly), with a suspicious link to an 'english translation' at the end. I didn't click the link.

have you noticed lately all the bogus .cn websites out here? china is filling the internet search engines with gibberish. you can't buy a freaking lightbulb anymore without sifting through hundreds of nonsensical search results.

i wonder if there's anyway to filter search results to block out entire country codes?

have you noticed lately all the bogus .cn websites out here? china is filling the internet search engines with gibberish. you can't buy a freaking lightbulb anymore without sifting through hundreds of nonsensical search results.

i wonder if there's anyway to filter search results to block out entire country codes?

You can usually omit search results in anything besides English. Or you can choose the languages you want to get results in.
It's usually in the preferences or advanced section of the search page.

You can usually omit search results in anything besides English. Or you can choose the languages you want to get results in.
It's usually in the preferences or advanced section of the search page.

the bogus websites use english.

Using Google? Add: -site:.cn (minus sites that include .cn in their URL) to the end of your search query. Done and done.

-site:.cn

Using Google? Add: -site:.cn (minus sites that include .cn in their URL) to the end of your search query. Done and done.

works great. wish there was a way to make it automatic. someone needs to make a firefox add-on.

Back