Toronto Sixty Colborne Condos | 82.29m | 25s | Freed | a—A

That's good news. Church south of Queen has needed some help for a while.

Church between Richmond and the village is the area that really needs some help. South of Richmond it is actually the better part (too many surface lots though).

The same applies for Church north of Queen, especially at Dundas. Change can't come soon enough.

Church/Queen and Church Dundas are easily two of the ugliest intersections in downtown.

Full out excavation. From right now.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 1,183
Any word on why the arches at the base were dropped and how the podium will be handled now?

My dog enjoys meeting the dump truck drivers in the morning as they wait for the 7 am start.

I went over one morning to look around and told them I lived nearby. They seemed quite concerned and said they didn't do any work until 7 and that any noise coming from the area was from garbage trucks in the back alley. I told them not too worry and that I was just interested in the project's progress. They seemed relieved to hear that.

They seemed quite concerned and said they didn't do any work until 7 and that any noise coming from the area was from garbage trucks in the back alley.

They likely seemed concerned because contractors are renowned for ignoring the bylaws and starting their work earlier.

Any word on why the arches at the base were dropped and how the podium will be handled now?

I would imagine that if the rumors are true and the arch has been dropped (quite unfortunate), the Church Street frontage will more-closely resemble the Colborne side of the project (not the end of the world considering who is detailing the finishes).

20130130-colborne-ext2.jpg

Attachments

• 20130130-colborne-ext2.jpg
    20130130-colborne-ext2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,054
The facade looks a lot like it is to be treated in the style of 40 Bond street in New York, by Herzog and DeMeuron.

40bond.jpg

40_Bond_main.jpg

40bonf.jpg

40bond8_7.jpg

colbourne.jpg

colbourne2.jpg

Attachments

• 40bond.jpg
    40bond.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 946
  • 40_Bond_main.jpg
    40_Bond_main.jpg