Toronto Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning | ?m | 21s | Sick Kids | Diamond Schmitt

why not annex the yummy room at Bovarian Steakhouse on Elm and reclaim the former street car tracks for PATH usage. I'll take the cellar contents for my own use. I call dibs.

I think a lot of people would want the contents of the cellar. Btw, it's Barberian's steakhouse.

I wonder what the chances are of this building having a PATH connection. I'd be pretty confident wagering that it'll at least have direct subway access to Queen's Park (since an underground connection to Sick Kids would let you get to the subway via the UHN semi-public tunnels), but really, they'd only need to do a tunnel from Edward to Elm to be able to hook up with the real PATH network. And it would be a great strategic building to connect, since it would in turn make it easier to connect the Delta Chelsea and Aura.

???
Why would you connect it to Queens Park when its on Bay Street, 1 block from Dundas Station.

It should have PATH access, the PATH ends at the bus terminal so all they would need to do is go under road.

If it just didn't have the "Lu" part. What is that? Bastardization of what language? (Probably English, but who knows...)

It hurts my eyes.

I think a lot of people would want the contents of the cellar. Btw, it's Barberian's steakhouse.

Actually, It's my extended family that owns that restaurant. The cellar is just basiicly a place to house my uncle's obsession with the good stuff. It's pretty funny actually: every year, my uncle takes a four month pilgramige to Fance and Italy in search for goods reds, then he comes home and likes to show it off... Its pretty funny trying to stay away as he shares endless information on every bottle, one.... by.... one.... :eek:

I haven't seen their new cellar yet. Is it good? My aunt was the architect.

Actually, It's my extended family that owns that restaurant. The cellar is just basiicly a place to house my uncle's obsession with the good stuff. It's pretty funny actually: every year, my uncle takes a four month pilgramige to Fance and Italy in search for goods reds, then he comes home and likes to show it off... Its pretty funny trying to stay away as he shares endless information on every bottle, one.... by.... one.... :eek:

Next UT Forum meeting is in the cellar, on your uncle!

Yeah, and it's only open to members who have been to at least one Forum meet before! Attendance has its benefits!

I used to do valet parking there until last december. It is quite nice, and vast in terms of how much "good stuff" they got. Aaron's a nice guy, nice car too, tho he brags about it a lot, not that I blame him.

^ I wouldn't really call him "subtle"... :)
His father, Harry used to show up to work in his Rolls...

But yeah, they were both great.

Very interesting. Yes; this is one big building.

At 129m high, this building will have an average floor height of 5.375 metres, amongst the tallest floors in the city, which I assume is because a research facility needs high ceilings if you're going to be playing with bunsen burners and the like. That means it's about a third taller than LuCliff Place too, so it should really dominate the area.

The elevations reveal a vertically staggered cladding of some kind: the material is not divulged, but whatever it is, if the building actually ends up clad this way, the number of floors will be obscured on the facade, other than in a strip above the Bay Street entrance to the building. That, and the fact that it's a research facility leads me to wonder whether the cladding will be windows or walls. It would be odd to have such a tall building with only a thin strip of windows on one side of it. I am looking forward to actual renderings and more thorough disclosure of the plans.

The architect is not listed on the report.

Back