News   Mar 18, 2024
 819     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.7K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 788     0 

Scarborough Town Centre

Retail Insider has a article up about what's happening to the top and bottom foot courts.

STC was my go-to throughout my high school years; I was a permanent fixture when Wizards Castle was in food court. That, and HMV being across from the IT store, near the lower concourse.

Ah, memories.

Just a quick, curious question, do the retail chain stores located in STC have different pricing than the same chain store in other malls, e.g. Yorkdale or Eaton Center? I've never done an apples-to-apples comparison, but casually browsing around, I get the impression that similar items either have a lower markup or more sale pricing.

Wow, Scarborough Town Centre sure isn't now, what it looked like to me growing up.

It's amazing how upscale it has become. I still remember friends growing up mocking the mall's reputation.

Wow, Scarborough Town Centre sure isn't now, what it looked like to me growing up.

It's amazing how upscale it has become. I still remember friends growing up mocking the mall's reputation.
I still wouldn't call it upscale. Its well renovated but the stores are mid market at best.

The 3-level STC parking garage between Walmart and where Sears used to be is currently being demolished... There are exterior signs that say "re-opening in the fall".

Does anyone know what is planned? Is there a retail expansion planned? Is it a re-building of the parking garage ? Or will parking on that side of the mall be one level?

I wasn't able to find any info at the STC site or anywhere online...

I imagine it's preparing to renovate the old Sears space.. I can't imagine Oxford will want to keep that space empty any longer than they need to.

Back