News   Apr 24, 2024
 958     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 620     0 

Scarborough Town Centre mall renovations

I coulda sworn I just saw miketoronto walk by...

The old insider con game...anytime someone validly questions or contradicts the 'borg' mentality of the few dweebs who are engaged in their Wonder Twins Activate Power Group Think, claim that person is the incarnation of some other poster who lurks.

All right Wonder Twin, let me clear this up...read my posts and you can see my history is pretty clear. Anytime you want to ask me a question directly do so, otherwise, drop the tail from between your legs and start standing up like a man...

By the way, the renos do look purdy nice so far...only 12 more months to go...imagine the process and progress beyond that and into the new decade...

By the way, the seismic shifting you feel is not after shocks from Itlaly...the economic foundation is being challenged right now. Unless you cater to a large cross segment (Wal Mart to Lulu Lemmon) you are toast...this is the beginning, not the end.

im taking about the quality of the mall it self, its not worth the money of the renovation.

i think maybe the amount of $ that is being put into the renevation is a little high. Just my thoughts tho...so try not to beat me up for it.

Well, let me help you out then...Oxford Properties own STC, Oxford is the real estate division of OMERS - Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System. As pension fund managers of one of the largest pension funds in the world, they are charged with delivering pretax income and a comensurate rate of return on that asset that beats inflation and garners a rate of return to safely grow future income obligations.

The investment will garner probably about a pre tax 10% rate of return since pesions aren't subject to taxes. So your opinion on the dollar value while is valid as your opinion is without merit or fact. These guys don't spend dollars unless they see long term gains than is within their risk profile.

As an asset manager you dare not sleep on 600,000 potential consumers. The rest of the city can if it so wishes, but not astute business managers.

This mall reno seems to have revealed some tensions.

Speaking of mall tension, does Vaughan Mills have some kind of automotive attractor in effect? Any time I pass by there you'd think there is a Christmas sale on.

Back on topic...

The whole section Vaughan around the 400 is always clogged with cars.

On Highway 7 between Jane and Weston and Rutherford between Jane and Weston.

Renovations continue... Photos of a deserted STC on Civic Holiday Monday at 8am.

3790229503_0c96ea984e_b.jpg

3791042422_7b13985339_b.jpg

3791042728_f5b524242f_b.jpg

3791043258_10f4b45907_b.jpg

3790230917_9f6e813da5_b.jpg

thx for these wylie, we definitely don't see enough Scarborough on here....:)

It's been awfully funny watching the mall renovations ripple eastward, from Yorkdale to Fairview to STC...is Pickering Town Centre next? Get ready, Durham!

STC has been dead to me since they destroyed the kinda wonderful food court.

Destroyed by renovations. It's not even a court anymore.

one COULD say the 'food court' is better integrated with the mall now ... with stores and the theatre now located beyond ~

personally, the reconfiguration doesn't really bug me ... if anything traffic to STC has increased :)

Looking forward to its completion. Before the renovation the mall looked like crap.

I'm not surprised they got rid of the balloons. They always seemed like a potential liability to me, as suggested by their ominous do-not-touch-cuz-they're-dangerously-hot signs.

Pickering Town Centre's reno is close to 90% done. Take that, STC.

Ooh, a preemptive strike!

The problem is that no one west of Pickering ever actually goes to PTC, so it's not like they have anything to gain over STC by renovating sooner, especially since the last mall renovated will be the least dated one in the future.

one COULD say the 'food court' is better integrated with the mall now ... with stores and the theatre now located beyond ~

personally, the reconfiguration doesn't really bug me ... if anything traffic to STC has increased :)

And the general form of the STC food court remains, glass roof and all--even if demoted to a through-passage with incidental eating.

We certainly aren't talking about something on the scale of Sherway's original Gourmet Fair being completely swept away for Zeidler's tents two decades ago...

Back