News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 735     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Scarborough-Malvern LRT

Guys, I'm not talking about the entire Eglinton in regards to the number of traffic lanes. Only the suburban sections where the LRT will run in the middle of the street.

I have not seen any kind of report that indicates Eglinton will maintain the same number of lanes, where is this coming from?

I haven't seen anything either, but I recently asked about this on the forum. Someone replied saying that:
"At first, that was the plan. But the plan has since been amended to keep 3 lanes of traffic along the Golden Mile intact. So no, traffic lanes will not be reduced."

I think the plan was changed to appease the "war on car" councillors when Ford got elected, which is unfortunate if that's the case. I hope they change it back.

What about segregated bicycles lanes/paths?

All Transit City LRT lines included painted bike lanes along the entire route. I don't know if there are plans to upgrade them to separated lanes, however cycling advocates are pushing to make that happen.

What is the stautus of the surface redevelopment plan? IIRC it was tabled in the Ford era and ran into controversy due to its pricetag.... I don't recall whether it was ever approved.

- Paul

How can there be 2 lanes of trafiic in both direction, plus lanes for parking, lanes for bikes and widening the sidewalk and the LRT when it comes above surface

I didnt think there was room for parking.. It would be two lanes of traffic in each direction and bike lanes on both sides. There is no parking on Eglinton now where the LRT is to be above ground. As for the underground sections of Eglinton that is a different story.

If its an election issue, then Tory is opposed because many in the suburbs are opposed. If he can stay quiet about he, I imagine he would let it pass to keep the downtown Councillors happy. I would guess that Tory does not care one way or the other.

If Tory is smart, he would just keep quiet on the topic.

While some Leasiders might feel that way, others, and certainly people from other parts of Eglinton (right near his base) would fight for Connects.

A Rob Ford type might try to make an issue out of it, unfortunately.

I didnt think there was room for parking.. It would be two lanes of traffic in each direction and bike lanes on both sides. There is no parking on Eglinton now where the LRT is to be above ground. As for the underground sections of Eglinton that is a different story.
On that link to blogto, I am quoting here "Jennifer Keesmaat, who also said the street will never be as narrow as two lanes and that no parking spaces would be lost." She must mean during rush hours in the AM and PM there will be 2 lanes for traffic and all other times, one of those lanes will be for parking (on both sides). Or perhaps in the east end between Avenue Rd and Mount Pleasant where its wider

On that link to blogto, I am quoting here "Jennifer Keesmaat, who also said the street will never be as narrow as two lanes and that no parking spaces would be lost." She must mean during rush hours in the AM and PM there will be 2 lanes for traffic and all other times, one of those lanes will be for parking (on both sides). Or perhaps in the east end between Avenue Rd and Mount Pleasant where its wider
or maybe she is saying that no parking will be lost because no parking currently exists..

Back