Pickering San Francisco by the Bay 2 | ?m | 16s | Chestnut Hill | Kirkor Architects

He works for Lacquer Channel, as that link that mikeurban provided, and their website confirms. I can't imagine a mastering engineer would also do real estate finance. There are day jobs in music. Otherwise, you'd have to always listen to the music live (and yes, that's hardly esoteric knowledge).

It would just be funny. Come on you can't tell me that when you saw the name "Noah Mintz" it didn't cross your mind for a split second :)

Those hHead albums are great and I just put them on my iPod recently. I'd love to see a reunion.

Need help!

My parents own a ma and pa restaurant in the plaza and since th developers came in we've been really bullied around. I won't go into details.

But we just received a letter stating that we have to pay $6,500 or they lock our doors in 5 days. The $6,500 is for the repairs that made in the walls between my parents' store and the store next to use.

They moved Dominos pizza in next to us and found damage in the walls. Some of the damages may have been caused by us but I'm not sure we are responsible for all of it or if it was there before we moved in.

Any advice on what we can do? Can they do this? Business has been really bad since the development started and my parents works 365 days a year at least 12 hours a day and we can't really afford to pay for it.

If you cannot or will not pay the money the owners want, you must quickly get a lawyer, one who is able to read through your lease agreement.

If you cannot or will not pay the money the owners want, you must quickly get a lawyer, one who is able to read through your lease agreement.

we have a very simple 2 page lease doesn't say we are responsible for it. Is it legal for them to just lock the premise, don't they need approval from government or aren't there a process they have to go through?

Maybe something more than 5 days notice.

I've been to San Francisco California , and it looks nothing this like crappy pickering project hehehe... , I'll make a thread with the photos from my cali trip , the architecture and the way the city is designed is amazing

Third tower to rise in Pickering
http://www.newsdurhamregion.com/news/article/142012

Planning committee approves 25-storey building
Dec 08, 2009 - 03:12 PM
BY KRISTEN CALIS

PICKERING -- Despite strong resistance from residents Monday night, the planning and development committee approved a third tower at what used to be the Bay Ridges Plaza.

The committee approved SR and R Bay Ridges Ltd.'s application for a third tower to be constructed as part of the San Francisco By the Bay development, just west of Liverpool Road and Bayly Street. The mixed-use, 25-storey building will be home to 237 condominium apartment units and 410 metres of leasable floor space.

The original development approved in 2006 was for 161 townhouses, two apartment buildings (16 and 18 storeys) and 25,000 square feet of commercial space.

The new 237-unit building will make a total of 734 units on the site. Although Pickering's Official Plan allows no more than 140 units per hectare in the area, the committee made an exception to allow 225 in this case.

Residents rejected the City's stance the increased density fits with the Province's Places to Grow report, which requires heavy intensification in municipalities by 2031, since Bay Ridges is outside of the downtown growth centre. The City's director of planning, Neil Carroll, said the area borders the growth centre and is close to transit and the GO station.

Residents said it's too early for council to approve another tower when the other two haven't been constructed yet.

"I think it's fair to ask if and when it will ever be built," said Tim Dobson, chairman of the group Growing Responsibly in Pickering (GRIP).

Moiz Behar, representing SR and R, said 110 of the townhouse units have been built. He couldn't confirm when the towers will go up, but said it should be in the near future.

Steve LaForest, of the Pickering Naturalists, said the building will be detrimental to Frenchman's Bay and the Douglas Ravine.

"This ravine has survived nearly five decades since Bay Ridges was originally developed and we'd like to see it survive another five decades," he said.

He argued migratory birds stop there and fears many will die from flying into the towers.

The developers were criticized for avoiding the environmentally-friendly LEED Silver Standard certification process, but Mr. Behar said the development will follow Pickering's sustainable building guidelines.

"We're going to endeavour to the best of our ability to make this building as sustainable as possible," he said.

Long-time Bay Ridges resident Hazel Daubeny, who fears the extra traffic the building will bring, said the busiest times at Bayly and Liverpool are between 6 and 10 a.m. and 4 and 7 p.m.

"Walking at that time to the GO train is hazardous, to say the least," she said.

Ward 2 Regional Councillor Bill McLean backed the residents, but couldn't convince the committee to delay the decision on the tower.

It will go to council for final consideration on Monday, Dec. 21.

25 stories, not bad that would become Pickering's tallest.
This development makes sense for the city. You can't get much closer than this to the GO station - by far its largest transportation node.

Crappy cell pic from tonight but the tower crane for SF3 is up.

sf3.jpg

Here's a rendering from their website.

sf3 rend.jpg

Attachments

• sf3.jpg
    sf3.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 528
  • sf3 rend.jpg
    sf3 rend.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 538
Well, you couldn't call it San Francisco By The Lake could you - that just wouldn't be right.

It is close to Frenchman's Bay, it makes a lot of sense, actually. It is the one part of the name that does make sense.

I don't think this would even get built in the peninsula here. Quite an unfitting name :rolleyes:

Eau du Soleil is another condo name that I find just as cheesy. While Yonge + Rich and Bohemian Embassy are pretty cringeworthy as well IMO.

Back