Toronto Ryerson Student Learning Centre | 50.59m | 8s | Ryerson University | Zeidler

I'm not even willing to count how many shots were in that post. For members loading many, many shots into one post, please link ones which have been resized to something close to what we are able to display. The UrbanToronto Forum can only display up to 960 pixels wide. Anything wider is downsized once the original arrives in full, so members who have a slow computer or a slow internet connection or limited bandwidth, your time and your bandwidth are being sucked up for no more benefit than you would have if the posted linked something more appropriately sized… and you'd have a few minutes of your life back.

Instead of linking to something like photobucket, please consider directly uploading images sized at 960s pixels wide via the Insert Image icon in each post (the icon with the tree).

We appreciate the images, but good netiquette requires not slowing everyone's machine down for the pleasure of seeing them.

After further consideration, I looked into kram's now deleted post a bit more.

The images that were uploaded were generally 2592 by 1456 pixels, averaging about 1.1 Megabytes in size each. That's big, and as I mentioned 960 pixels wide by whatever height would be better, but it's not killer huge. What made that post a killer was that there were about 151 images in it. That's got to be a record, by a long, long distance. Probably a 166 MB download for just one post. And yes, as mentioned above, it also contained shots from the Library and from Kerr Hall.

We don't have any specific limit to the number of shots in one post, but we've never run into a post quite so demanding before. 2 or 3 dozen shots as a max per post should be plenty in most cases, and if you're going to push the number of pics up there, again please resize down to 960 pixels wide first.

RU needs a new logo--hate the colours & design
nrmkcPh.jpg

UwMbZvr.jpg

Am I the only one amused by a University designating a building as a "Student learning centre" does that description not describe the whole entity?

After further consideration, I looked into kram's now deleted post a bit more.

The images that were uploaded were generally 2592 by 1456 pixels, averaging about 1.1 Megabytes in size each. That's big, and as I mentioned 960 pixels wide by whatever height would be better, but it's not killer huge. What made that post a killer was that there were about 151 images in it. That's got to be a record, by a long, long distance. Probably a 166 MB download for just one post. And yes, as mentioned above, it also contained shots from the Library and from Kerr Hall.

We don't have any specific limit to the number of shots in one post, but we've never run into a post quite so demanding before. 2 or 3 dozen shots as a max per post should be plenty in most cases, and if you're going to push the number of pics up there, again please resize down to 960 pixels wide first.

As a site that has many posts containing photos, I'm surprised that there isn't a max limit set in the rules of the forum per post. Personally I think no more than 5 photos per post are necessary. And if you want to post more, you create another post or just link to photos.

Am I the only one amused by a University designating a building as a "Student learning centre" does that description not describe the whole entity?

No you're not the only one. Since I first learned of the name of this building I thought it was stupid. If this is the building where learning takes place on campus what takes place in all the other buildings?

Does anyone have any updates on the Sam The Record Man sign? It was over a year ago that council confirmed it would be placed at Yonge-Dundas Square.

Also, does anyone know what the delay is with the basement tenant(s)? Have they just not been able to lease the space yet or is it delayed for another reason?

Basement is going to be the temporary home of the ryerson film school as their current building is literally falling apart. After they find a new home / fix up their current one, it'll become retail.

The Rye Dance program is moving there because their building is literally falling apart. The film school's building was just completed a few years ago.

Back