Toronto Ryerson University: Daphne Cockwell Health Sciences Complex | 105.76m | 27s | Ryerson University | Perkins&Will

It has retail at the base. At least 1 unit. I think the entire bottom floor should be retail with a lobby entrance. Looks interesting though!

It has retail at the base. At least 1 unit. I think the entire bottom floor should be retail with a lobby entrance. Looks interesting though!

The "retail" at the base is a cafeteria for the students who live in the building. Looks like it might be opened up to the public at large, but I'm not sure about that.

The "retail" at the base is a cafeteria for the students who live int he building. Looks like it might be opened up to the public at large, but I'm not sure about that.

That's exactly what Church/Dundas need! Currently it is so sterile. The building on the other side kills all street life.
Like the design, not a closed box, with some vivid colour and has retail.

Bit of a mixed bag to me. The podium is too tall for the context, and the various blocks seem disjointed. The height is fine. I'm curious though as to how many residence spaces they need... between this project, 365 Church, the residence on Jarvis, and the one proposed at the NW corner of Church/McGill... that's a lot of beds coming soon. Not impressed with the 4 floors of underground parking.

Ryerson is one of the largest universities in the province, and has very very few residence spots. It needs as many residence spots as it can get at this point, its one of the only universities in the province that doesn't guarantee first year residence.

365 church is a student housing building, not a ryerson residence. This and the Jarvis building will house first years, while 365 is a private development that will hold any student willing to pay to stay there.

Ryerson will be lucky to be able to in 2020, yet alone 2015. its a long, long way away from that type of situation.

Well all the planning students at Ryerson can watch this rise through the nice dirty windows that is 105 South Bond Building :p

Well all the planning students at Ryerson can watch this rise through the nice dirty windows that is 105 South Bond Building :p

Just be glad with what you've got - you could have been stuck at the Library building :) Pretty happy with the design - though it's hard to tell just what materials are used for the exterior. Bare concrete?

AoD

Just walked by this site this evening on the way to the Jack Layton lecture.

Critique the podium and ground level all you want, but this will definitely make Church St. more walkable through this stretch than the current parking lot.

I'd like to see what will happen to the other parking lot south of Dundas as well.

This parking lot is really cheap on weekends ($5 all day), I used to park here all the time. Its a lot though, and I will cheer the day when its gone.

Can't really tell what the exterior material is, just that it isn't concrete.

The planning building will lose its already meh views, sadly. I'll have graduated by the time this is done, but my fourth year studio overnighters might be spent in the shadow of this buildings construction site.

Back