News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 723     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Russia in 1910.. in Colour !

That's old, like last year old. I want new ones. Too bad we don't have some time machine. :(

I thought that the uploader of them hinted that there are more to be uploaded or something? I dunno.

Simply fantastic,Pictures are really classic and more interactive in colors .Thanks for sharing and I really admire the post.

These pictures remind me back home.
Here i am posting some of the pictures in the thread so people don't have to leave the page.
russia_in_color_a_century_ago.html

p02_00003991.jpg

p03_00004425.jpg

p04_00020579.jpg

p05_00004420.jpg

p07_00020154.jpg

p11_00021478.jpg

p12_00004844.jpg

KS: This is an amazing group of pictures...from 101 years ago! This is Russia in the era of the Czars...before the 1917 Bolshevik Revolution creating the Soviet Union...

The technology to take color photographs DOES go that far back...and it surprises me that it did not become popular then...was it the expense or lack of developing technology?

It is still hard to believe that these pictures are that old...they are THAT good! LI MIKE

I like one comment left on that site:

"I'm absolutely amazed! So, people 100 years ago weren't silly, quickly walking, black-and-white, mute creatures, they were as we are! These photographs show that the people and the world don't change.. Thanks God!"

Indeed...

KS: This is an amazing group of pictures...from 101 years ago! This is Russia in the era of the Czars...before the 1917 Bolshevik Revolution creating the Soviet Union...
Such a fork in the road of world history. A different Czar than Nicolas II might have told the Serbs to settle down instead of guaranteeing their security and emboldening their fight with the Austro-Hungarians, might never have entered into alliance with France, and may not have mobilized its army in 1914 against Germany, three leading causes of the First World War. The Czar of 1910 needs to leave the Great Game, sign border agreements with Britain, build better relations with Germany, etc. and focus on modernizing industry, agricultural productivity, infrastructure, welfare and education for his people. Best way to get there is before 1910 a new Czar, a dead Rasputin and a deported ex-Czarina.

Back