Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

That fact is irrelevant now because A) MLSE/Bell just spent millions to upgrade BMO for the purpose of hosting high profile events such as the MLS Cup and B) Rogers wants to keep the Dome as baseball-centric a facility as possible, especially considering the new dirt infield that was installed this year. There's too much work involved now to convert the Dome to soccer/football format and then back to baseball again. That's a big reason why Rogers turfed the Argos from the facility.
Don't for get New York FC play in Yankee stadium and they do it in a very bizarre configuration but they actually lay sod over the infield for the games.

Don't for get New York FC play in Yankee stadium and they do it in a very bizarre configuration but they actually lay sod over the infield for the games.

Long term it all depends on what they do with the 100 level - if the rotating seats get ripped out it'll be be baseball only. Right now the dirt infield isn't a huge challenge so conversion is still possible.

Also worth noting that Shapiro has thrown cold water on the grass idea on multiple occasions since taking his post with the Jays. I don't think folks should be holding their breath for that.

I'd love to see them spend some money both on the exterior treatment of RC, including the introduction of materials that bring more light into concourse levels, and on the west and east sides of the queuing areas to liven up the grade experience.

Also worth noting that Shapiro has thrown cold water on the grass idea on multiple occasions since taking his post with the Jays. I don't think folks should be holding their breath for that.

I'd love to see them spend some money both on the exterior treatment of RC, including the introduction of materials that bring more light into concourse levels, and on the west and east sides of the queuing areas to liven up the grade experience.
There's definitely an opportunty/need to fix the outdoor security lines. This could be done in conjunction with a plaza remodel and create new amenities spaces either inside or outside the security cordon.

Would love to see all the exterior concrete covered in ivey but doubt it's practical.

The bathrooms...they are terrible...stalls are original...cleanliness is bad...could be improved in many ways...

My #1 (or #2, I guess...) suggestion would be that the stalls have tv's in the doors and on the walls so you don't miss a moment of the game...waiting in line during the game is to be expected...but I want to see the game while I'm doing it...

My #1 (or #2, I guess...) suggestion would be that the stalls have tv's in the doors and on the walls so you don't miss a moment of the game...waiting in line during the game is to be expected...but I want to see the game while I'm doing it...

Haha, i can see TVs on the walls, but on the stall doors??......lol:D, you're not flying first class there.

Haha, i can see TVs on the walls, but on the stall doors??......lol:D, you're not flying first class there.
Maybe for the line, but inside the stall you want to reduce the cycle time as much as possible. To get people in and out of stalls they should exclusively show repeat videos of the early-2000s Jays.

If at all possible the entire West side plaza should be at one grade. Right now the multiple level thing is just ... a pain.
Both sides have stairs so poel can get to the various levels of the stadium quicker and easier. The entrances on the two sides are for the suites, 200 level and 500 level. Having more entrances creates less bottle necks for poel entering and exiting the stadium.

Both sides have stairs so poel can get to the various levels of the stadium quicker and easier. The entrances on the two sides are for the suites, 200 level and 500 level. Having more entrances creates less bottle necks for poel entering and exiting the stadium.

I get the need for the upper level gates leading to the 200 level. What I was talking about was the West (lets call it the South West plaza) where they have held some events (Friday nite at the ball park, family fun day, etc) where there are multiple elevation changes of 2 or 3 steps every 10 feet or so. For example leading to Gate 10 there are 2 to 5 steps leading down to the gate entrance.

I get the need for the upper level gates leading to the 200 level. What I was talking about was the West (lets call it the South West plaza) where they have held some events (Friday nite at the ball park, family fun day, etc) where there are multiple elevation changes of 2 or 3 steps every 10 feet or so. For example leading to Gate 10 there are 2 to 5 steps leading down to the gate entrance.
I think that may have more to do with the parking garage and loading docks under that area.

At some point, does it become more beneficial to just build a new stadium?
Downsview Park would be an excellent location, especially with the new subway station there.

Not just that, but Downsview Park could be used as a sports complex, just like East Rutherford, NJ; Philadelphia; Baltimore; Kansas City; and Arlington, TX.

Back