199     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 300     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 671     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut is that Dough throws his hat in the municipal ring again, not provincial. Even in a plum cabinet post I don't think he can play second fiddle to someone else, especially if it's not a Ford.

Last edited:
My gut is that Dough throws his hat in the municipal ring again, not provincial. Even in a plum cabinet post I don't think he can play second fiddle to someone else, especially if it's not a Ford.

You may well be right..... but is er any chance you can medicate that "gut" of yours, just not ready for another 4 yrs of Ford verbal ejaculations directed at the "Folks and Little people"

Can't see it - he hated that shit, and without Jones as mayor he doesn't have any access to power.

However, if he goes provincial he has a good chance of being part of the next government. If he can prove himself as a fundraiser he won't necessarily get a cabinet slot but he could chair some committees etc... and feel important.

At this point it's more likely that he huffs and puffs his way onto CP24 for some free publicity and then crawls back into his hole without actually running.

Can someone find a stake?
stake.jpg

Former city councillor Doug Ford says he’s planning a return to politics, but consistent with his keep-them-guessing style he won’t say on which ballot his name will appear.

“One hundred per cent I’m coming,” Ford said Friday. “I’m not going to rush into this. I’ll take my time, talk to the people and see what they say.”

Ford says he is considering two options: running as a candidate for the Ontario Progressive Conservatives or face a rematch against Toronto Mayor John Tory in 2018.

Ford was doing a round of media interviews after a Forum Research poll suggested 40 per cent of residents would support Tory in 2018 while 38 per cent would support Ford. Twenty two per cent said they would vote for someone else.

The provincial election is June 7, 2018.

The municipal election is Oct. 22, 2018.

From Star.

Attachments

• stake.jpg
    stake.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 253
The provincial election is June 7, 2018.

The municipal election is Oct. 22, 2018.

OK so he files for Provincial Election first and if that doesn't pan out, he'll run over (because that's done before) and register for municipal, he's got to have plenty FORD for MAYOR signs stored somewhere. OR maybe he's saving those signs for Mikey....

Looking forward to seeing where they'll open the Camping offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back