628     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 520     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 765     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
MetroMorning interview with chief Saunders covered new cop cars and a pointed question by Matt about recent shootings in TO starting just after the 7:00 news. Some mention that Tory wants TPSB to "review" the vehicle decision.

MetroMorning interview with chief Saunders covered new cop cars and a pointed question by Matt about recent shootings in TO starting just after the 7:00 news. Some mention that Tory wants TPSB to "review" the vehicle decision.
He defended those cars :cool:

Saunders defended that it was his decision to make - and I doubt that TPSB will over-rule Saunders' decision. But I guess what's important is whether Mike McCormack likes the new look and was consulted. Does TPSB actually have any other job than staying in line with and defending the cops?

Daniel Dale's Trump coverage is getting so much attention. This from the New York Times:

Daniel Dale is the Toronto Star’s Washington correspondent, and since last September, he has fact-checked as many of Mr. Trump’s statements as he can. It’s a daunting task, what he calls “an unprecedented daily avalanche of falseness.”

“Shoehorning him into a normal coverage pattern conveys the impression that he is a normal political liar,” he said. “He requires something different.”

During the debates, Mr. Dale fact-checked both Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton, and found that, over the course of the debates, Mr. Trump made 104 false claims, while Mrs. Clinton made 13 false claims.

He's really done a great job. I wonder if he'll stay covering Washington after the election. If we have DoFo in a Con leadership race, it'd be great to have someone like Dale doing this kind of work on those candidates.

Daniel Dale's Trump coverage is getting so much attention. This from the New York Times:

He's really done a great job. I wonder if he'll stay covering Washington after the election. If we have DoFo in a Con leadership race, it'd be great to have someone like Dale doing this kind of work on those candidates.
Wonder if Trump's aware of Dale's work. Imagine he went after him about the Ford backyard situation?

Today, at rally in Florida, Trump denounced all fact-checkers as "dishonest scum" and "crooked as hell"...

Last edited:
Another similarity between Slob and Chump, and one that I don't think has been mentioned here yet: The cops just love them. The orange-plated oaf has been endorsed by several police unions in his quest for higher ratings/the White House.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back