784     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 264     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 669     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Mikey will be taking the rookie Councillor's intro seminars, or skip them to take the Doug Ford's "Coles Notes" or "Councillor For Dummies"?

No need for any of that. Its in his genes. His maternal grandfather was a one-term backbench MPP

Wormington is simply amazing. What would we do without him? Maybe he should have asked why it took so long for Beyer to come forward. Oh yeah, it's for Rob's kids.

"Mystery of who Rob Ford 'threatened' in video solved"

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/07/26/mystery-of-who-rob-ford-threatened-in-video-solved

Beyer may be one of the more ethical people to have worked for Ford but he seems very cagey about revealing what the family is like. And it's still an unusual detailed and specific threat for a hypothetical fight.

Now Gawker is or was a well known tabloid but this is the hight of arrogance...
160801-0001.png

The best comment is this...
160801-0002.png

Attachments

• 160801-0001.png
    160801-0001.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 608
  • 160801-0002.png
    160801-0002.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 618
I love how they throw around the word "karma". Makes me wonder if they use that expression when they think of Rob. :rolleyes:

It's funny in part because they're freely borrowing a concept from a philosophy they'd otherwise disparage. And also pretty much getting the concept completely wrong. Karma is not about 'what comes around goes around' or 'getting what's coming to you'.

James Fallows in Atlantic Magazine posts a comment from a reader on comparisons of Trump to Rob Ford:
'A Fundamental Decency': The Difference Between Rob Ford and Donald Trump

It is unclear to me if Ford would have called the Khan family in the same scenario, however I do accept there is no way he would attempt to villify them as Trump has.

Not sure about Rob Ford, but it certainly wasn't beyond the Fords:

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...ons_dad_after_making_integrity_complaint.html

AoD

It is unclear to me if Ford would have called the Khan family in the same scenario, however I do accept there is no way he would attempt to villify them as Trump has.
I have no doubt that Doug would attack the Khan family. Rob, I think, would have focused on defending himself (like Trump's sacrifice comments), but would only have been caught ranting about the Khans on hidden camera while in a drunken stupor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back