138     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today the Integrity Commissioner gave a report. Cllr Matlow referred to certain councillors who break the rules over and over (without mentioning any names) and was asking questions about whether the office and council had enough teeth to prevent those certain councillors from continuing to break the rules. He got a very vague reply.

But everyone knew to whom he was referring.

Scummy bunch of pinheads, particularly the guy who's proud of his family blackmailing people back in the old country. I just hope most of them don't actually live in Toronto.
As far as I know most of them don't live in Toronto, Col. Flagg dosen't.
Blink and you would've missed it yesterday when Council voted on this, because there wasn't a single councillor that wanted to speak on it, not a single person to either defend Robbie or take the opportunity to chastise him.

In fact, because it was adopted along with all the other uncontested items on the order paper, and by a simple show of hands, it wasn't even mentioned.
Some of the FF Nation complained that it's disgusting 'cause Robbie has given millions to the poor, gives his pay to charity, he has cancer, the law only applies to him because marxists/Liberals, and Col. Flagg himself felt the need to compare the situation to Wynne and provincial events as proof of his arguements.

Last edited:
While the show of hands doesn't show who voted for or against, there still is the video evidence available.

Understand that Robbie's punishment wasn't voted on as an individual item. At the start of every Council meeting, the Speaker reviews the order paper, which contains all the items to be discussed and voted on over the next few days. If a councillor has a question on an individual item or wants there to be a thorough debate on that item, he or she puts a hold on it.

Then, once they've reviewed the entire order paper, the first vote they have is to accept all the uncontested items in one fell swoop. The report on Robbie's misuse of City resources was just one of many items that were unanimously uncontested. So, it's really not an issue of who did or didn't vote for it.

Now, back in the good old days, Doug would probably have put a hold on it, which would've allowed him to dust off his witch-hunt speech, and other councillors might've done what they could to counter his bullshit. But now not only is there no Doug, there is no one who will stick up for Robbie on something so bone-headedly obvious.

Has anybody seen Rob lately? I wonder how he's looking.
He's absent again today. So is Mammo which means things are moving smoothly.

Has anybody seen Rob recently? I wonder how he looks. The absence of bombast has me thinking things aren't going well (as our reported Filion comment indicates). I haven't heard any mention of surgery since before Christmas. Is that the case, or did I just miss it?

Scummy bunch of pinheads, particularly the guy who's proud of his family blackmailing people back in the old country. I just hope most of them don't actually live in Toronto.

Yeah, Pavol Smolinsky. A quick Google reveals juicy stuff like "@LetFordBe Minister of Social Services Pavol Smolinsky equates homosexuality with drug use." or "I am going to boycott your products since you advertised at Toronto Star.".

This Google Group stuff from 1999 looks like a hoot and a half.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.culture.czecho-slovak/zk6VhdVSyCQ

I asked Fillion if he's heard anything about Ford's health. He says he doesn't know anything for sure but that he'd have to be really sick to keep him away from council. Was he MIA during chemo for the first tumour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back