News   Apr 24, 2024
 529     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 482     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This comment on the Toronto Life piece is true:

It should really only be the public figures under scrutiny. My family's full of addicts, at least four have been to prison for things like trafficking, robbery, getting into a high speed chase with cops, impaired driving, grand theft auto, two suicides... My record, on the other hand, is spotless, aside from doing acid a few times in high school and a lot of mushrooms.

You don't have to out yourself here. We don't buy into the Fords' "I'm (we're) not perfect, are you?" obfuscations. We're not self-admitted unrepentent drunk driving crack smokers with the protections of very powerful connections in, apparently, the police department and judicial system. I suspect most of us aren't even "latte sippers", and caffeine consumption is not even a crime.

Our only "crime" is mocking the Fords because they are the ones who have touted their family's political connections in spite of their obvious imperfections. And many of our speculations about that family have been borne out or confirmed by Filion, Towhey and others. We didn't put the famiglia out there. They did. And for the most part they don't care what we think. They don't care that we want some accountability from them and the system they feed off of. The collateral damage is their doing as long as they push their own agendas in the public as celebrities and politicians.

And Jimmi, in my books, the ones that break the generational dysfunction cycles are the heroes.

speaks truth.PNG

http://iconosquare.com/p/1126173263872912828_10778066

Attachments

• speaks truth.PNG
    speaks truth.PNG
    522.8 KB · Views: 514
this says it was updated today. regardless... it's a fun read... especially the part about people being incompetent and drinking on the job... and people telling rob he needs to take pills.
What are the four words that people attending city council meetings most fear to hear these days?

The answer: “Councillor Ford to speak.”

That’s Councillor Ford as in Rob Ford. Young Mr. Ford (Ward 2 — Etobicoke North) has only been hanging out at Toronto City Hall for a few months now, but he has already made quite a name for himself. Not for anything he has actually done, mind you. Ford’s claim to fame are the outrageously incoherent speeches he likes to make expounding the supposed virtues of neo-Conservatism.

Alas, it is very doubtful he’s winning many converts to his cause. To help explain why, we return you now to the Thursday morning session of this week’s council meeting where Melville’s political braintrust has been busy debating the pros and cons of concepts like privatization and contracting out public services.
[...]
This is an unedited account of what Ford said.
[...]
“Walkerton. In Walkerton, I think people have been living under a rock. This was not Mike Harris’s fault. Walkerton. It was strictly the public sector that screwed it up; people drinking on the job and weren’t even competent at what they were doing. I think people haven’t been reading the papers.
[...]
“Prozac, get some prozac,” shouts Councillor Joe Pantalone, obviously concerned his overwrought colleague from Etobicoke had failed to refill his prescription.

I don’t know about Prozac. But he sure as heck needs something.

This is, after all, the same Rob Ford who a day earlier had advised his colleagues that money to be spent erecting a suicide prevention barrier on the Bloor St. Viaduct would be better used to round up child molesters who, he claimed, are the main cause of people jumping off bridges.

Take a pill, big fella.
http://news.nationalpost.com/toronto/don-wanagas-the-odd-rantings-of-young-rob-ford

Ford did virtually NOTHING of what he said he was guna do for Toronto. Four years wasted. The hell is wrong with these people?

Well, consider the attached stories re Corey Kiklas. *Plenty* is wrong. And because of that, think of the years *he's* wasted/wasting through getting himself into situations where imprisonment is deemed the proper solution. As it should be--the record speaks for itself; so, good riddance to bad garbage.

As I've said in the past, to a lot of these illiterate tweeting defenders of Fordlandia, Rob Ford represents a "get out of jail free" card. *Literally*. As in, "If Rob Ford was still mayor, you wouldnt get me, coppers!" And for them, that's all that matters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back