325     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 340     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 698     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember in 2011, Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain and Rick Perry were all at various times doing very well in the polls. There's lots of time.

Councillors want Muzik's liquor licence suspended or revoked
In the letter, the councillors say Muzik "has been a continued source of concern for local residents with regard to loud noise, public urination, traffic and public intoxication," as well as other issues.

The letter says Toronto police have had "on-going dealings" with the club, and that investigators have been called there numerous times since 2012 for reports of assault, including assault with a weapon and sexual assault.
[...]
Last month, the club had new conditions attached to its licence, the letter adds, without going into specifics.
http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/toronto/story/1.3214956

Two councillors want Muzik nightclub’s liquor license revoked
The letter says that police have dealt with nine assaults, seven assaults causing bodily harm, two sexual assaults and one discharge of a firearm investigation since June 2012, not counting the mass shooting in August.
[...]
AGCO inspectors have laid $6,000 worth of fines against the venue, for concerns about drunkenness, drug use and disorderly behaviour between 2012 and 2015, Perks and Layton wrote in the letter.

“It is evident from current events and the ongoing impacts felt by nearby residents that the steps taken by the community, TPS and AGCO have not been a deterrent in changing the behaviour of the Licensee and management staff at the Premises,” the letter reads.
http://www.cp24.com/news/two-councillors-want-muzik-nightclub-s-liquor-license-revoked-1.2547118

Last edited:
Jimmi T and Everyone:

After a long Summer absence from UT I read up on at least two months of postings on the RF topic - and I do agree that there are without
doubt similarities between the RF Nation types and those that support Donald Trump's run for US President...

These supporters look to be the "Lunatic Fringe" of the far right wing of the Republican Party and for now they are in the percentage lead
for the Republican Party nomination - I do believe that the Republicans will come to their senses and nominate a candidate that actually
has a decent chance to win - Jeb Bush or John Kasich could be two - instead of bowing to the wing nuts that dominate GOP primary votes.

Scott Walker - with the ludicrous thought of a wall on the US-Canada Border - is an example of GOP insanity to me...

I agree with DBB and say that DT has no chance in a US General Election but I am apprehensive about the Democrats because first and
foremost Hillary Clinton has baggage that the GOP attack machine is trying to exploit (Benghazi!!!) ; Bernie Sanders - though a good
progressive candidate is too far left to win in the US and would probably drive the right wing nuts crazy - and it could be up to US Vice
President Joe Biden to step up and run to keep the GOP from winning the US Presidency...

I feel different about RF in that he was a weak Mayor of a major city that in the end was all but stripped of all his Mayor's powers -
The difference that DT has is that he could become US President - one of the most powerful political office occupations in the entire
world - if the GOP wing nuts prevail and DT actually does get elected US President this could be a literal disaster in the making...

DT comes off to me as a angry man - the last thing that a US President should be - and alienating voter blocks in favor of the fringe
elements of the GOP does not help matters - and the US and the World needs a level-headed President to succeed Barack Obama
in 2017 - We are all depending on this Election's outcome and the whole World will be watching!!!

Thoughts from LI MIKE

They need to be banned from games! Mulcair attended a game and our 11 game winning streak ended. Harper and Ford were at the game where Price took his first ever loss at the Dome. Now Trudeau will be there...

Jimmi T and Everyone:

After a long Summer absence from UT I read up on at least two months of postings on the RF topic - and I do agree that there are without
doubt similarities between the RF Nation types and those that support Donald Trump's run for US President...

These supporters look to be the "Lunatic Fringe" of the far right wing of the Republican Party and for now they are in the percentage lead
for the Republican Party nomination - I do believe that the Republicans will come to their senses and nominate a candidate that actually
has a decent chance to win - Jeb Bush or John Kasich could be two - instead of bowing to the wing nuts that dominate GOP primary votes.

Scott Walker - with the ludicrous thought of a wall on the US-Canada Border - is an example of GOP insanity to me...

I agree with DBB and say that DT has no chance in a US General Election but I am apprehensive about the Democrats because first and
foremost Hillary Clinton has baggage that the GOP attack machine is trying to exploit (Benghazi!!!) ; Bernie Sanders - though a good
progressive candidate is too far left to win in the US and would probably drive the right wing nuts crazy - and it could be up to US Vice
President Joe Biden to step up and run to keep the GOP from winning the US Presidency...

I feel different about RF in that he was a weak Mayor of a major city that in the end was all but stripped of all his Mayor's powers -
The difference that DT has is that he could become US President - one of the most powerful political office occupations in the entire
world - if the GOP wing nuts prevail and DT actually does get elected US President this could be a literal disaster in the making...

DT comes off to me as a angry man - the last thing that a US President should be - and alienating voter blocks in favor of the fringe
elements of the GOP does not help matters - and the US and the World needs a level-headed President to succeed Barack Obama
in 2017 - We are all depending on this Election's outcome and the whole World will be watching!!!

Thoughts from LI MIKE

Interesting to think of all the possible pairings for President/Vice President on both sides. If delegates are split it could come down to horse-trading to get the nomination.

LI MIKE

You may be interested in a recent report in The Intercept of a serious breach between Trump the Koch Bros (who basically birthed and raised the Tea Party through various PACs after the US Supreme court ruled Corporations are people). Seems the Kochs were onside with DT in his previous attempts, but he recently recruited a bunch of Koch political operatives by paying them $90,000 a year more than the $150,000 they were making with the Kochs. I believe DT was the only declared Republican candidate not invited to some Koch PowWow recently.

I expect Koch money is also making its way to CPC, and they do own a major share of tar sands business, but the amounts funneled to Cdn parties is small cheese compared to the US, tho I think we're catching up in the voter suppression and dirty tricks dept under Harperman.

I don't understand that one commentary comparing RoFo to The Donald has had so much resonance, but it sure has gone to FoFam's heads.

I was in touch with Lisi a bit through Facebook around the time the crack scandal started. Hadn't spoken with him for like 10-15 years before that. The only thing I could observe from his page was that he hangs out with this goofball here. Check him out. His Facebook page, which is hilarious, blatantly screams "I'm a drug dealer" lol. What a heat score. Professional dealers I've known over the years would have nothing to do with someone like that. Reading his page it seems he was jailed earlier this year but his lawyer got him out temporarily while he tries some new approach.

11219723_906150552780213_5208686097133953737_n.jpg 11866493_929341007127834_2082838118815066854_n.jpg

Attachments

• 11219723_906150552780213_5208686097133953737_n.jpg
    11219723_906150552780213_5208686097133953737_n.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 11866493_929341007127834_2082838118815066854_n.jpg
    11866493_929341007127834_2082838118815066854_n.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 201

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 8.20.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 8.20.08 AM.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 700
Of course, it is always tough to choose between two such impeccable news sources as the Sun and 1010.

Yes, 1010 has come a long way since being "Ontario's authoritative news voice". Everywhere you turn there are former 1010 reporters and news anchors, all purged by Standard, Astral and Bell's cost-cutting.

Councillors want Muzik's liquor licence suspended or revoked

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/toronto/story/1.3214956

Two councillors want Muzik nightclub’s liquor license revoked

http://www.cp24.com/news/two-councillors-want-muzik-nightclub-s-liquor-license-revoked-1.2547118

They have exceeded the usual allotments of the average club that size. They should have closed it a while ago but with good friends like the Fords... ah to be friends with elected officials, or rather thugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back