1.5K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 521     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the question should be... who covers the postage? are tax dollars paying for robbie to pass his 'autograph' around? just that one to new jersey (or wherever it was) cost $1.18...

If you look at what people are posting online it appears that the ones he sells are mailed from city hall but with personal stationary and stamp. The ones he sends as freebies on request from his councillor position are on city stock and stamp. Seems fair enough.

Rob Ford - now back at City Hall - signed some bobbleheads for James Pasternak's constituents today
CJVWsXwWUAA5-0d.jpg

https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/618495846229876736/photo/1

Attachments

• CJVWsXwWUAA5-0d.jpg
    CJVWsXwWUAA5-0d.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 706
Heard this. He basically says Farah's story about mobsters pulling into the towers with suitcases full of money is b.s. If the mob wanted the video they'd be much more direct about their intentions. Also, he says Somali street gangs are small time and inept.
actually... he said very low level or wannabe mafia dudes are ones wearing the gold chains. so it was likely 'sandro's people'?

Boy, creep after creep after creep.

Jesus, no kidding.

You know, the weirdest thing about the entire Ford saga is the sheer number of scumbags, creeps, grifters and low-level criminals that flock to and surround El Slobbo & Big Brother Thug like a bad stench. And the fact that their remaining fans, all of whom undoubtedly fit solidly into the culturally reactionary/Law 'N' Order crowd, are absolutely ok with this, as recently displayed by that idiot Don Cherry. I've never seen anything like it, even in the cases of superficially similar buffoons, i .e. blustering, ego-crazed self-promoters like Donald Trump and Rod Blagojevich. It's downright bizarre.

Also, he says Somali street gangs are small time and inept.

Much like the Fords themselves, eh?

His support base includes a lot of minorities who would be victims of carding. Does he not know this?

Don't they, for Christ's sakes?

You know, the weirdest thing about the entire Ford saga is the sheer number of scumbags, creeps, grifters and low-level criminals that flock to and surround El Slobbo & Big Brother Thug like a bad stench. And the fact that their remaining fans, all of whom undoubtedly fit solidly into the culturally reactionary/Law 'N' Order crowd, are absolutely ok with this, as recently displayed by that idiot Don Cherry. I've never seen anything like it, even in the cases of superficially similar buffoons, i .e. blustering, ego-crazed self-promoters like Donald Trump and Rod Blagojevich. It's downright bizarre.

Actually, re said "remaining fans": in a lot of cases (whether trolls or Flagglandia denizens), I suspect their so-called moral high order is a veneer upon their *own* state of scumbag/creep/grifter/low-level criminality. Like, the threat to the Fords = a threat to themselves. Thus, in their moralizing drag, they pounce upon the misdeeds of "the other side" and milk them for all they're worth; or else, they frame said "threats" as the work of people (like, meddlesome cops, journalists, City Hall deputators) who "have nothing better to do". (Not saying Don Cherry himself is of that criminal sort; but he certainly "reflects" a lot of those who are.)

As for the ethnic/underclass support: it's a bit separate yet part of it all the same. Essentially, they exist in cultural shantytowns where a FoFam can step in and prove that the Barrio Boss is all that matters. A lot of the time, *their* means of survival is of a, if not "criminal", at least "parallel economy" nature. And if their kids or "kids' crowd" are in any way aberrant, they feel reassured through the "it's the other side's fault" pitch...

CJZp_IrWIAANheK.jpg
reporterdonpeat
11:05am via iOS
"At the end of the day you have to have self-control" Rob Ford on gambling addiction.

(or on smoking crack, or on domestic abuse, or on binge-drinking, or on anger management, or on highly hypocritical statements)

Attachments

• CJZp_IrWIAANheK.jpg
    CJZp_IrWIAANheK.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 652
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back