News   Apr 26, 2024
 599     2 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 222     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 705     0 

Roads: Six Points Interchange Reconfiguration (City of Toronto, UC)

But space for a statue. Something like this but with Rob and Doug Ford instead:
"Rob Ford Square"? "Respect for Taxpayers Town Centre"? "Gravy hill"? Etobicoke needs to commemorate its prodigal son(s).
The lack of direct connection to Kipling station is disappointing.

Why, War Against the Car monument, of course (nevermind the at one point 8 lane Dundas/Kipling intersection)

AoD

The only Rob Ford monument that should be erected in Etobicoke—or anywhere—would be a smoking crater, superheated air from the core of the Earth, noxious gases belching, the occasional lava expelled from it. That would be poetic. Let's put one up in the New Rosedale, a.k.a. Rexdale, but nothing like that at the Six Points. The Fords did not do as well in South Etobicoke, something that I, as a South Etobian, am proud to report.

But space for a statue. Something like this but with Rob and Doug Ford instead

"Rob Ford Square"? "Respect for Taxpayers Town Centre"? "Gravy hill"? Etobicoke needs to commemorate its prodigal son(s).

The lack of direct connection to Kipling station is disappointing.

The East entrance/exit at Kipling station will be about 200m from the site. That's pretty good. Would a 200m tunnel be better?

The East entrance/exit at Kipling station will be about 200m from the site. That's pretty good. Would a 200m tunnel be better?

I wonder if some sort of Mini-PATH ought to be part of the overall development plan for the area.

- Paul

Yeah, a pedestrian subway, cause folks in suburbs like everything transit-related to be underground.

^^^City of Toronto's well known red tape process. Decisions are made at a snails pace. Look back on the City of Toronto's track record when it comes to any major infrastructure decisions.

^^^City of Toronto's well known red tape process. Decisions are made at a snails pace. Look back on the City of Toronto's track record when it comes to any major infrastructure decisions.
Only only has to look at the DRL thats been on the books since 1909 to add to your comments. Then there is all the other ideas that are sitting on a shelf collecting dust since there is no funds for them.

There is and moreso in the past, councilors who support various things, but not willing to pay for them on their watch that could be 20 or more years.

Good plans get dump for dumb ones since the dumb ones will allows councilors and mayors to remain in office.

May I ask why this project took "more than 10 years of planning, consultation, engineering, and design"?
It probably could have been 6 years, but 4 years of the last decade were eaten up by Ford's war on pedestrians. I can't imagine there was anything about this project he would have liked:

Ever-so-slightly increased driving times - check
Better/safer infrastructure for pedestrians - check
Better/safer infrastructure for cyclists - check

This bares all the hallmarks of a project Ford would do anything to kill.

Yeah, a pedestrian subway, cause folks in suburbs like everything transit-related to be underground.
Except, no. This is across the street from a cluster of 5 condo towers, and a soon-to-be rental tower. I live there (which makes me "folks in the suburbs", I suppose), and I don't want it to be underground.

The only Rob Ford monument that should be erected in Etobicoke—or anywhere—would be a smoking crater, superheated air from the core of the Earth, noxious gases belching, the occasional lava expelled from it. That would be poetic. Let's put one up in the New Rosedale, a.k.a. Rexdale, but nothing like that at the Six Points. The Fords did not do as well in South Etobicoke, something that I, as a South Etobian, am proud to report.

Yeah, well, you south Etobians picked some prize councillors: Justin Di Dunpar, Mark Grimey. And MP Maloney is in the thick with those two.

Why? What would that accomplish, other than driving up costs?

The PATH network is actually a huge convenience during the winter. If you work in the financial district you can go to work without even wearing a jacket or going outside. I'm jealous of my friend who lives in Yonge-Eglinton centre who can go to Goodlife in her gym clothes in -30 degree weather...

Back