News   Apr 16, 2024
 181     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.3K     5 

Roads: Scarlett Road / CP Rail Bridge EA

Going through the 2009-2018 Capital Program for Transportation Services, came across this little tidbit:

The Scarlett Road/St. Clair/Dundas project is planned to have spent on it in 2011 $330K, in 2012 $2,307K, and in 2013 $2,088K. Which means, to me, that the rebuild of the underpass at Scarlett Road and Dundas will not start until 2012.

Last edited:
Hard to say where to file this, but here is a low angle view of the bridge demolition/construction on Dundas Street West, just west of Scarlett Road.

(Taken from the bike path between Lambton Park and Etienne Brule Park.)

Hard to say where to file this, but here is a low angle view of the bridge demolition/construction on Dundas Street West, just west of Scarlett Road.

(Taken from the bike path between Lambton Park and Etienne Brule Park.)

They're demolishing that whole bridge? It's such a nice bridge though...

They're demolishing that whole bridge? It's such a nice bridge though...

Only the deck--and I presume not for the first time, either. (Think of the Leaside Viaduct for comparison's sake--indeed, the new Dundas railings are kind of like the new "historic-style" Leaside railings...)

Would be nice if they could rebuild the Old Dundas Street bridge over the Humber River, at least for bicyclists and pedestrians. As it is, one has to climb up to Dundas Street to cross the Humber at that point.

Got a newsletter from the Councillor for Ward 11. It reads:

Scarlett Bridge Widening
Plans are in place to replace and widen the bridge at Scarlett Road/St. Clair Avenue West/Dundas Street. The project is on schedule, with design and tender to take place this year, and work to begin in late 2015. The project is expected to be completed in August 2017.

Anyone have the EA or a link to it? I seem to remember there being a provision in the design to run streetcars through from St Clair to Dundas, but not sure. Just curious mostly...

Back