News   Apr 25, 2024
 287     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 400     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 601     0 

Roads: Illumination of the Bloor Viaduct

Definitely think the lights have been installed. Driving by, I noticed that there are strips of something hanging from the top of the veil which looks like they could be LEDS.

Anyone walk the bridge regularly notice this?

There were a few guys with a macbook on the viaduct last night....looked like they were testing some stuff, they mentioned the July 4th opening and that the current setup is still being tweaked and will be much more impressive than what it was doing the last few nights...

I got some pictures of the custom software they were using to do the programming (sorry for the crappy quality, water damage in my iPhone camera)....

Attachments

• IMG_3096.jpg
    IMG_3096.jpg
    766.3 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_3097.jpg
    IMG_3097.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 414
FullSizeRender_1.jpg
FullSizeRender_2.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    730.9 KB · Views: 1,023
  • FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    1,004 KB · Views: 925
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    679.8 KB · Views: 908
Nice! It's too bad they didn't get around to illuminating the underside of the bridge too. Even some flood lights would've been acceptable!

Phase 1 is approved and fundsd, it is Phase 2 that needs to be funded - in the next City budget.
Phase 1 is approved and fundsd, it is Phase 2 that needs to be funded - in the next City budget.

From reading the tender, it looks like they've completed Phase two (illumination of the road deck) ahead of Phase one (iumination of the subway portion and pillars). Will Phase One will be completed in the near future?

So now it's back off until the July 4th unveiling. The colours will change to reflect temperature and windspeed data.

I also understood that lighting the underside of the bridge was part of Phase 1... Perhaps it is also complete or did they change around the work schedule?

I guess we will all see what is lit up next week but it will also be interesting to get a more specific update on the current status and further work schedule of this project.

I also understood that lighting the underside of the bridge was part of Phase 1... Perhaps it is also complete or did they change around the work schedule?

I guess we will all see what is lit up next week but it will also be interesting to get a more specific update on the current status and further work schedule of this project.

An article in The Star says they only got funding for the illumination of the road deck (Phase 2).

Impressive? Whatevs.... In Minneapolis they did this to Lowry Bridge:

Unknown.jpeg

The colours change too, there were pride colours after the Supreme Court Ruling.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    14 KB · Views: 524
Impressive? Whatevs.... In Minneapolis they did this to Lowry Bridge:

The colours change too, there were pride colours after the Supreme Court Ruling.

That's just as meh. If you want an example of what good lighting can do, look at Sydney. Our attempts here looks like child's play.

AoD

Back