Toronto Riverhouse at The Old Mill | ?m | 11s | Lanterra | P + S / IBI

Well Towered, you will not be surprised. Check out the link near the bottom of my previous post, and find your way to the elevations: welcome to West Cheddington! Actually, with the Mansard roof, it's more faux-Français than Ye-Olde-Blightye*, so I'll propose the name 'le Manoir Roquefort' for marketing this condo.

*The Cheddington itself is not that english looking in the first place. It's more Mad King Ludwig, poor fella, anyway...

Wow, nobody saw that coming! ;)

And on a related note, the redevelopment of the Old Mill ruins was a travesty. Never had a chance to get that off my chest before.

The parking lot that was flooded is not the one that they're going to be building the condo on. The latter parking lot is located much higher up the river bank; I can't imagine that flooding will ever be a problem.

I watched the application on Rogers city hall put forth ( I'm so hard up for entertainment). The people from the environment were there and said that the parking lot had never flooded as well and then you know the rest of the storey. The environmental people also said that only about 100 trees would have to be cut down and they were not indigenous to the area. Well the number today from what I have been told is that 320 trees now have to be cut down ( I will try and confirm that). From what I saw in the diagrams the building looks rather nice hopefully some sort of barrier can be made to keep out the flooding. When I worked for Bell we would have a meeting there at least once a month so immediately I thought about the parking which was often packed most of the time. The new building is also supposed to supply some parking space for the Old Mill.

Well, this project now has a name; Riverhouse Condominiums at the Old Mill, a developer; Lanterra, and a website; http://riverhousecondos.ca/.

It has also gone from the Faux Chateau look of the elevations in the Rezoning Application to Forgin' Georgian, or Chedingtonista-Lite.

It now has a name?
See my post in March!

Lanterra and Baker were doing design charettes for this project in February.

Sorry - somehow I missed your post way back in March. I would have updated the thread title then had I seen it.

Did you attend the design charettes? Any comments if so?

I did not attend the meeting put was forwarded an email from an agent that did:

"I was honoured, today, to participate in a discussion group with the developer of the promised condominium site across from the Old Mill. The purpose of the meeting was to solicit opinions of local real estate professionals as to the “highest and best use†of this site.
What I heard today is quite exciting.
The proposed site will be approximately 11 stories high. The current plan calls for about 100 suites with various sizes and exposures.
It is quite possible that this building will deliver a majority of larger suites – a starting size of 1700 square feet was the unanimous consensus."

Saw a billboard for this at Dundas and Runnymede tonight and wondered what it was - I thought that maybe a new mid-rise would be built right there, extending the Junction's urbanity west of Runnymede, where it is much needed.

3935833547_5bf79b7731_b.jpg

Now, that *is* a gross incursion. It's like one of those new Six Points-zone condos was uplifted and plopped right next to the Old Mill Bridge...

Saw a billboard for this at Dundas and Runnymede tonight and wondered what it was - I thought that maybe a new mid-rise would be built right there, extending the Junction's urbanity west of Runnymede, where it is much needed.

You'll be happy to know that there are plans for a midrise red brick seniors residence replacing the car wash west of Dundas and Runnymede. Jerome Markson is the architect.

In that sense, the urbanity may expand, but at the same time the urbanity will probably contract considering that the owner of the McBride's site on Dundas just east of Keele is planning on building a new carwash there.

From Councillor Pert Milczyn's December e-update:

Old Mill SIte Plan Approval - Condominium Site Plan Report

This 10 Storey Condominium was approved by Toronto City Council in 2008 by a vote of 26-12. Site Plan approval was anticipated to be tabled at City Council prior to the strike this summer, but was delayed due to the labour disruption. Planning Departement Staff did prepare a Report to the November 30, December 1st meeting of City Council, which was tabled as a Motion as the deadline for submission to the printed agenda was missed by Staff.

Their Report recommended:

a) approval in principle of the Site Plan Control aplication withthe appropriate approval conditions; and
b) recommends minor revisions to the previously considered draft By-law and Section 37 Agreement.

The proposal is essentially the same as previously considered and supported by Council in March 2008 and considered at the required Statutory Public Meeting at Etobicoke York Community Council on February 12, 2008.

To review the Report, please click here: This item was approved by Council, with four Councillor's voting against (Councillors' Holyday, Ford, Ainslie and Moscoe).

If you have questions about this Motion at Council, about the various reports and communications on this project, please call me directly or email me at councillor_milczyn@toronto.ca

Council's approval of this application may still be appealed to the OMB.

Back