News   Apr 24, 2024
 195     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 507     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 3.1K     7 

Riverdale

According to the City's Building Department website, a 14-seat cafe called "French Cafe" is proposed for 820 Danforth Ave, on the north side between the Burrito House and Elite Music, to the west of Langford and to the east of Woodycrest.

It looks like 531 Danforth, formerly Menchies, will now be a shawarma/falafel place called Red Castle.

Ferrier and Danforth

Anyone know what kind of restaurant is taking over the old Mr Greek at Ferrier?
I walked by the other day and spoke with one of the people cleaning out the place and one of them told me it would be a Portuguese place. Not sure if that's true or not. Anyone know what's going on there?

Anyone know what kind of restaurant is taking over the old Mr Greek at Ferrier?
I walked by the other day and spoke with one of the people cleaning out the place and one of them told me it would be a Portuguese place. Not sure if that's true or not. Anyone know what's going on there?

I don't know - I haven't heard anything. They don't appear to have obtained a building permit, so the interior changes must be strictly cosmetic (or the permit application is still coming). A Portuguese chicken place would be nice.

"another shawarma place"? Huh? Ali Baba is way down by Broadview, so the really only close one to this is Sultan on Pape. (Am I missing any?) Hardly oversaturation. It's not as if it's a Greek place, a nail salon or a sushi joint.

Sorry. True. You're right. I was thinking of all the other souvlaki (meat on spinning grill) places. I was hoping for something completely different for the hood, like a proper Jewish deli, French, or a good Chinese place.

Sorry. True. You're right. I was thinking of all the other souvlaki (meat on spinning grill) places. I was hoping for something completely different for the hood, like a proper Jewish deli, French, or a good Chinese place.

Check out Chino Locos on Broadview for something completely different (Sino-Mexican fusion).

Fair enough. I would love a Jewish deli or a nice French restaurant. In terms of deli, any news on Shopsy's moving into the old The Works location (not that everyone would call Shopsy's a proper deli). Has Ex-Montreal Girl tried CJ's Deli yet - she was going to let us know of her judgment (I thought it was pretty good). As for French, at least we are all relatively close to Batifole at Gerrard and Logan.

Check out Chino Locos on Broadview for something completely different (Sino-Mexican fusion).
I wasn't very impressed with Chino Locos, but I went there quite a while back, so they may have improved since then.

I wasn't very impressed with Chino Locos, but I went there quite a while back, so they may have improved since then.

I think the original location on Greenwood is actually better (Yelp seems to agree).

Back