Toronto Harris Square | 50.29m | 13s | Urban Capital | Saucier + Perrotte

I do look forward to it changing a bit. I think some refinement is definitely needed. Not really loving the concrete supports outside on the ground.

It will certainly change (definitely just a schematic design that we see above) but it looks like an interesting concept.

Sorry everyone, UrbanCapital had the images removed from the Waterfront Toronto website, and asked us to take the post down too. They aren't interested in having the images out there yet as they aren't finished with the design. We told them that we'd love to have a statement about their vision, and that we were already stressing that this was an evolving design, but that did not sway them. As they own the copyright on the images, we are obliged to uphold their right to choose when to share them.

3b62d229-018b-4baa-b826-0cf3c74b6ecf_zpsdan89pzb.jpg

It's designed as a space to set up market stalls and the like. If you want green, there's a little spot across the road called Corktown Common.

I'd agree with you however it's dependent on if those benches are removable or not, otherwise there is limited space to actually set up a sizeable market area.

That is a pretty depressing park design.

Its like it was designed as art rather than for function.
Which park are you talking about? There are actually four or five parks or park segments in the West Don Lands (Corktown Common, Lawren Harris Square, the ribbon park between Bayview and King east of River City and Underpass parks 1 and 2) I think you need to look at all of them as a whole.

Not every park has to be a patch of grass with some trees.

I prefer the manicured, landscaped parks - or formal gathering areas.

I'd agree with you however it's dependent on if those benches are removable or not, otherwise there is limited space to actually set up a sizeable market area.

There is plenty of space, even with the benches. You have space for booths in between each bench, with space for vehicle parking right behind the booth. There's enough space for 10-14 vendors, without needing to remove any benches.

Back