River City Condos Phase 3 (UrbanCapital) - Real Estate -

Those washer/dryer units should be a deal breaker. They're terrible. Until the technology improves with those, they should not even be considered.

I realize we're getting OT with talk of washers and dryers, however I feel the need to defend these units - I actually don't mind it at all, and after a little period of getting used to how it works and how to adjust my own laundry schedule, I'm now very happy with it. I appreciate the space savings more than anything.

I realize we're getting OT with talk of washers and dryers, however I feel the need to defend these units - I actually don't mind it at all, and after a little period of getting used to how it works and how to adjust my own laundry schedule, I'm now very happy with it. I appreciate the space savings more than anything.

Would it not save only some vertical space compared to a stacked washer and dryer? Additionally, in this building, it is located in the kitchen and the noise will be more obtrusive. But more to the point, since there is no vent, it is impossible to upgrade. In Paris, I was able to hang clothes on the patio, but realistically, I would end up taking everything but my underwear to the cleaners.

I should add that this is not off-topic; this is a conscious design choice that will have a definite impact on the resale value of the units.

The kitchens are teeny tiny, I guess for people who love to live in small spaces like an RV or a boat or have no desire to cook anything other than warm up soup. The dishwasher is a drawer! Plus the condensing washer/dryer is horrendous and built into the kitchen. Buyer beware even for investors. Ask yourself: should my hard earned money go towards paying for someone else's BMW or Mini Cooper?

I was disappointed at the very small selection of large units - almost all small units, obviously catering to investors.

NBGtect said:
The kitchens are teeny tiny, I guess for people who love to live in small spaces like an RV or a boat or have no desire to cook anything other than warm up soup. The dishwasher is a drawer! Plus the condensing washer/dryer is horrendous and built into the kitchen. Buyer beware even for investors. Ask yourself: should my hard earned money go towards paying for someone else's BMW or Mini Cooper?

lol, you people need to let go of the past. Toronto is growing rapidly and is looking more and more like other major cities when it comes to living space. Large units are a luxury, you need to alter your perspectives. Small—but hopefully well designed—units are the future here.

lol, you people need to let go of the past. Toronto is growing rapidly and is looking more and more like other major cities when it comes to living space. Large units are a luxury, you need to alter your perspectives. Small—but hopefully well designed—units are the future here.

That's the thing, though. They are not well designed at all. They are not designed for function. They're designed to maximize profit.

That is the thing indeed. The units are not designed well at all. They are unlivable. For all the horrendous and shoddy workmanship of phase 1, at least the units were slightly larger with semi-functional kitchens.

Again, we repeat many times, it goes to just merely having a cool exterior. Talk to people who live here how they actually feel about their decision to go with this developer.

We looked into the sales here and they've fallen off of a cliff! If someone has money to invest for a rental condo situation, why would they chose here? One Park Place South sales are doing fantastic: a great exterior and, more importantly, a vastly superior interior and common elements and property management. Be smart.

If you've read any of my posts at all, you'd know I have no problem with small units, but there's a huge difference between small units that can accommodate a family, to small units obviously designed for a single person. Toronto needs far more of the former, and far less of the latter, which are largely designed to appeal to investors.

We looked into the sales here and they've fallen off of a cliff! If someone has money to invest for a rental condo situation, why would they chose here? One Park Place South sales are doing fantastic: a great exterior and, more importantly, a vastly superior interior and common elements and property management. Be smart.

The difference is One Park Place is in Regent Park and River City is in a far superior area. It's not great either but much more appealing than Regent Park. Also, One Park place is a condo while River City is a loft. They are different projects that target different people. I believe One Park Place is selling well because they target 1st time home buyers with their easy downpayment plan. They're also much, much cheaper.

That said, I have no clue why the prices at River City right now are so high.

The difference is One Park Place is in Regent Park and River City is in a far superior area. It's not great either but much more appealing than Regent Park. Also, One Park place is a condo while River City is a loft. They are different projects that target different people. I believe One Park Place is selling well because they target 1st time home buyers with their easy downpayment plan. They're also much, much cheaper.

That said, I have no clue why the prices at River City right now are so high.

While Regent park certainly has a sad past it is really a very attractive area now with lots of amenities (rec centre, pool, park, library (on Gerrard) very close. I like River City's location too but am not really sure the RC area is more appealing than the NEW RP.

It isn't. And we also have a ton of social housing for those in need like RP. There is nothing fancier here to justify extremely high prices per square foot other than it's a small company who made a huge mistake hiring Bluescape Construction. We don't see why investors would spend more here when RP is the place to make actual gains over time. It doesn't make any sense to hang your hat on a cool exterior and pay a premium for cladding!

It isn't. And we also have a ton of social housing for those in need like RP. There is nothing fancier here to justify extremely high prices per square foot other than it's a small company who made a huge mistake hiring Bluescape Construction. We don't see why investors would spend more here when RP is the place to make actual gains over time. It doesn't make any sense to hang your hat on a cool exterior and pay a premium for cladding!

Not appealing to maybe you or NBGtect, but when I started my condo search, I looked at regent park too. The amount of people who turned up their noses and flat out told me not to buy there was hilarious. Regent Park still has a bad rep among a lot of people. I don't think there's anything wrong with it and think there are some good deals. But it simply is not an appealing destination for a lot of people who can afford to live elsewhere. I love that Park Place building and the rec centre along with a few other places. It will take a while for that rep to disappear. Just my opinion.

Even with the government houses, it' still nothing like RP right now. We need to give both areas some time before making a final judgment.

Back