News   Apr 23, 2024
 153     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 375     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

After all this time, I really don't know what to make of Campbell.

He seems to be good at heart, just really misguided. Far from the worst politician that Etobicoke could have generated, yet still very naive or clueless with how certain things function in the city.

After all this time, I really don't know what to make of Campbell.

He seems to be good at heart, just really misguided. Far from the worst politician that Etobicoke could have generated, yet still very naive or clueless with how certain things function in the city.

The above in the context of TTC usage isn't an instance of naiveté or cluelessness (you don't survive politics by being either) - but active misinformation. And this is someone who is currently serving as a TTC board member - who seem to have absolutely no interest in supporting the riders (nevermind he isn't one himself)

In any case, hey, it will be easier for the Bay Street types to ride the 501 to drop a few quid. Isn't that what he wanted?

AoD

The above in the context of TTC usage isn't an instance of naiveté or cluelessness (you don't survive politics by being either) - but active misinformation. And this is someone who is currently serving as a TTC board member - who seem to have absolutely no interest in supporting the riders (nevermind he isn't one himself)

In any case, hey, it will be easier for the Bay Street types to ride the 501 to drop a few quid. Isn't that what he wanted?

AoD
He claims himself in the twitter thread that he is a daily subway commuter. That is what has 'informed' his original tweet.

I can sort of see where he is coming from. My morning bus ride, congested and suffocating as it is, is in fact full of Bay sreet types. But if he is coming from Islington, then surely he also sees the swathes of commuters from Etobicoke and Mississauga who are certainly including more groups than just Bay street types.

He does seem open to reason. He once ended up supporting cycling initiatives including the Bloor bike lanes after deciding to try riding to City Hall from central Etobicoke himself one day. He was nearly convinced on the Gardiner issue to support the boulevard too (I suspect at that point Tory strong-armed him).

He claims himself in the twitter thread that he is a daily subway commuter. That is what has 'informed' his original tweet.

I can sort of see where he is coming from. My morning bus ride, congested and suffocating as it is, is in fact full of Bay sreet types. But if he is coming from Islington, then surely he also sees the swathes of commuters from Etobicoke and Mississauga who are certainly including more groups than just Bay street types.

He does seem open to reason. He once ended up supporting cycling initiatives including the Bloor bike lanes after deciding to try riding to City Hall from central Etobicoke himself one day. He was nearly convinced on the Gardiner issue to support the boulevard too (I suspect at that point Tory strong-armed him).

He is a TTC board member - he should know the demographics of the riders - in fact, TTC has produced a presentation on that just lately. Throwing that Bay Street bone out is pure BS and should be called it for what it is. I am not going to cut him any slack on it whatsoever.

AoD

From Star: https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...d-half-of-recorded-council-votes-in-2017.html

Giorgio Mammoliti, Michelle Holland missed half of recorded council votes in 2017.

"In a statement to the Star on Tuesday, Mammoliti suggested it didn’t matter whether he was absent.

“Vote or no vote, it makes no difference under this administration,” he said in an email that stated the current administration is “plagued by mismanagement and abysmal communication” and that his efforts are “better placed working directly with residents.”

The email referred to the King St. transit pilot, which was voted on in July.

Mammoliti missed all of the related votes."

The TTC is only for Bay St types? How come they've been letting me on since I was wee? I don't even own a suit.

Or is he saying that Bay St types don't deserve a two hour transfer?
Or is he saying the two hour transfer will only benefit Bay St types?
Or is he saying that the two hour transfer is only valid on trips to-from Yorkville?

I think I should run for council. Bonus: I don't use Twitter.

“Vote or no vote, it makes no difference under this administration."

What does this mean? I wasn't aware that Tory was running an autocratic government. Shows how much I know.

Do the people who keep electing Mammoliti ever hear or read anything he says?
Why are they choosing him as their representative at council when he doesn't bother representing them half the time?

What does this mean? I wasn't aware that Tory was running an autocratic government. Shows how much I know.

Why are they choosing him as their representative at council when he doesn't bother representing them half the time?

And there are Councillors who want less wards, not more, so that there would better chances that there wouldn't be a quorum or councillors present to vote on council matters?

If we assume Mammo voters like what he says, then the alternative might be a Mammo clone with the same lunatic ideas who actually shows up at Council and votes more than half the time. Which would be worse than the elusive Mammo we’ve got.

From John Campbell. Happily he's getting roasted in the replies.

https://twitter.com/Campbell4Ward4/status/950524142490734593

John F Campbell‏@Campbell4Ward4
14h14 hours ago
Ah the 2 hour time transfer! Bay St types can now scoot up to Yorkville, do a little shopping, drop $150 on a nice lunch and get back all for a singe fare! What an awesome deal! And the TTC is only out $20 - $25 million!

Campbell is now walking back his comments yesterday, tweeting out:

"Clearly yesterday's note struck a chord & thanks for the feedback! Recognise that the 2 hr transfer could help with life's challenges faced by all TTC commuters. It creates a financial hole & prov'l gov't operating funding for TTC is badly needed."

"Clearly yesterday's note struck a chord & thanks for the feedback! Recognise that the 2 hr transfer could help with life's challenges faced by all TTC commuters. It creates a financial hole & prov'l gov't operating funding for TTC is badly needed."
Like I said, he seems like a mixed-bag.

They shouldn't have been made in the first place. If you are too stupid to think and have to be schooled on Twitter in order to "understand" an issue as obvious as this one, you don't belong on the board. And 20M isn't building the DRL - if you truly believe in it, you can find the funds for it without having to cry for mommy's help.

AoD

Last edited:
The one thing to Campbell’s credit is he at least is willing to admit he has the wrong position and learn.

Whatever credit he got for this is being depreciated by the fact that he threw out a BS statement that is utterly irresponsible in the first place. So, he didn't do his homework per his job, dished out a veiled us vs. them, and then came back with a mea culpa and we are supposed to say good job?

AoD

Whatever credit he got for this is being depreciated by the fact that he threw out a BS statement that is utterly irresponsible in the first place. So, he didn't do his homework per his job, dished out a veiled us vs. them, and then came back with a mea culpa and we are supposed to say good job?

AoD
We have a low bar.

I mean. Campbell could be a Mammolitti, or a Di Ciano, or a Ford, or a Denzil Minnan-Wong, or a Glen deBaeremaeker, or a Ana Bailao, or a Karygiannis, or a Pasternak, or a Norm Kelly. Jeeze, we are really scrapping the bottom...

Back