News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 594     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 888     0 

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

I would say Scaborough wins hands down.

The Etobicoke councillors are worse than idiots. They know what they are doing.
You're absolutely right. IIRC a couple of years back Shiner and Mammo were both accused of getting deals with rent or mortgages. Does anyone remember if that was ever dealt with? I'm thinking it got dropped in the Ford frenzy.

Ah, we have a man of high principle!

dic2.JPG

Oh, wait. When this was voted on at Council di Ciano was absent for the votes! (For some reason he DID manage to vote, early on in the meeting, to 'End the Debate" - it was lost.)

Though one assumes there may be other OMB objectors it seems 'odd' for a Councillor to be going to the OMB to try to overturn a motion that the great majority of Council supported and on which he did not bother to vote. (Final vote was 28 to 13. Councillors Justin J. Di Ciano, Mark Grimes, Denzil Minnan-Wong were absent.)

Attachments

• dic2.JPG
    dic2.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 211
I'm curious as to how many committees she is/was on compared to other cllrs.

Did she expect it was just go to meetings? She said she dropped from those committees due to work and family. Isn't her job to be on council? Didn't she already have that family when she got voted in?

I'm curious as to how many committees she is/was on compared to other cllrs.

Did she expect it was just go to meetings? She said she dropped from those committees due to work and family. Isn't her job to be on council? Didn't she already have that family when she got voted in?
She had a child in the first year of her term I believe.

Commitments "at work" does seem like a strange reason when being on these committees is .... your work.

Which is not a problem. But she has been invisible in every aspect, especially in council where she hardly makes a peep. She was also asleep at the switch when it came to
Her being on council is merely to continue a family legacy.

She was not put on council to do anything but serve as an extra vote for John Tory, and to rubber-stamp approvals for developers in her Ward.

Which is sad, because that was the biggest issue in her Ward in 2014. People really disliked how friendly Karen Stintz got with local developers, and were upset at certain projects encroachment into residential areas. (Neon Condos in particular) The next 4 candidates in the Ward race promised to be stronger against developers.

Anyway, I think she had very little interest in being and engaging in these committees to begin with, and now that her family has extended, she is more preoccupied with that than with her job.

Which is not a problem. But she has been invisible in every aspect, especially in council where she hardly makes a peep. She was also asleep at the switch when it came to preserving a century old heritage building on Yonge.
http://www.cp24.com/news/community-...-head-of-residents-association-says-1.3253261

Some of her constituents describe her as being in "over her head". Makes we wonder why she ran for office in the first place, other than to be a reliable vote for John Tory. During the election he robo-called voters in her ward to get her elected with only 17% of the vote, and all the voters got in return was a shitty rep. Recall he also stumped for Justin DiCiano and John Burnside (against a very moderate conservative incumbent - John Parker). Given how vindictively he's sidelines his council critics, I wouldn't put it past him to try and unseat any of them if he thinks they're vulnerable. As bad as city council is to begin with, he will try his best to stack council even more in his image. In 2018 he must be held accountable not only for his own performance, but also judged by his allies on council.

Jennifer Pagliaro said:
I asked Di Ciano if he had any self interest in keeping the boundaries the same, noting communities that would be cut out of his ward 1/2

Jennifer Pagliar said:
Di Ciano's emailed response: "If I had a hidden agenda I would of kept it hidden. You don't need a genius to figure that out." 2/2

https://twitter.com/jpags/status/849247317161103360

And of course:
Councillor to take city to appeal board over ward boundaries decision
Rookie councillor Justin Di Ciano says 47-ward option doesn't achieve goal of equal representation.

The appeal would see the city forced to expend legal resources defending against one of council’s own sitting members. It could also jeopardize a plan to have new boundaries in place by the 2018 election. One other appeal has been filed to date.

Dave Meslin, a longtime advocate for better municipal representation, said councillors wanting to meddle with recommended boundaries risk heading down a path of American-style gerrymandering.

“Out of the 2.6 million people in Toronto the only 45 people who shouldn’t be allowed to touch this because they’re in the conflict of interest are the members of council.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...peal-board-over-ward-boundaries-decision.html

Rookie councillor Justin Di Ciano says 47-ward option doesn't achieve goal of equal representation.

The above sentence just doesn't make any logic. I take it less wards would be more representative according to Di Ciano?

Back