News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 759     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

Holyday also met expectations. "We could fly people with a helicopter over to the Toronto Island cheaper than we could build this park,"

I've said it before and I'll say it again - he gave a strong impression of being thick in grade school, and sadly he has maintained that well into adulthood. It depresses me that people that dumb easily get elected in this society.

You're right, it is a competitive field. Holyday is certainly in medal contention. Also, let's not count out Pasternak. His lunatic advocacy of a "North York Relief Line" - hint, it's not DRL - gives him a solid shot at the podium. Nothing flashy like the shirtless Mammo pic, but equally deranged.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - he gave a strong impression of being thick in grade school, and sadly he has maintained that well into adulthood. It depresses me that people that dumb easily get elected in this society.

It's Etobicoke, the gift that keeps on giving.

AoD

Holyday hates everything

I typically disagreed with Doug Holyday politically, but at least generally I got the impression he was motivated by principle and sought a better city. Not the type of city I sought, but he did seem to be in service of the betterment of Etobicoke and Toronto. And in some instances (e.g. the Adrian Heaps compliance audit action debacle), Holyday demonstrated some admirable qualities. His son Stephen, however, seems to have none of his father's good qualities, he does not give the impression that he cares about Toronto, and seems to go for crass populism and vote pandering.

Chin Lee wants an appointment for Cho's vacant seat. Apparently 900 people in the ward don't want a by-election.

Licensing committee is currently discussing updating its by-law related to service animals.

Mammoliti asks:

"If your speech therapist says you can carry around your ferret because I said so, nobody can deny that ferret into any room?"

"How could we as a city feel comfortable knowing that restos aren't going to be forced to let snakes in, or ducks for that matter?"

"So, in fact, a lion could be a service animal."

Mammoliti should put his photo up on his flagpole to see if anyone will salute it.

1297891043520_SMALL_BOX.jpg

Back