Brampton 205 Queen St E Brampton | ?m | 31s | Hazelview | Graziani + Corazza

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.mattamycondos.com/home.asp

Located at Queen St and Kennedy Rd Brampton.

The presentation office is close and indicates it is sold out.

There is enough room to add 3 more towers as well one on the presentation site.

IMG_may-21-09-0061.JPG

IMG_may-21-09-0079.JPG

IMG_may-21-09-0076.JPG

IMG_may-21-09-0075.JPG

IMG_may-21-09-0071.JPG

IMG_may-21-09-0066.JPG

IMG_may-21-09-0065.JPG

2 things came to my mind:

1) the rhythm method of birth control, so i was hoping this building was not a cylindrical/ellipsical tower bc that would have been to funny;
2) the advertising for it would play Gloria Estifan's "The Rhythm is going to get You ... "

When I saw the sales office closed before, I thought it was held back. Nice to see, though it is in a sketchy part of Brampton with a dirty, horrible hotel across the street - hopefully it will help.

This is interesting, because high-rise residential buildings have thus far been limited in Brampton to cheap postmodern designs.

Could that even be street retail?

Last edited:
Yes this is Mattamy's first high-rise ...

Sales office being closed and sign saying 'sold out' refers to only tower 1, there were 3 towers planned in total but will likely not go forward because Mattamy is scaling back and/or selling a lot of its Canadian property in attempts to salvage their operations in USA. I suspect lands for towers 2+3 will be sold off and eventually developed by some other builder couple years down the road.

Property Value

The fact Mattamy is not building the 2 other towers does that change the value of the condo for the better or worse??

Atleast their will be nothing to obstruct my view for a few years.
Thanks for the updated pics

July 20

Peaking it's head
IMG_july-20-09-0033.jpg

IMG_july-20-09-0034.jpg

IMG_july-20-09-0078.jpg

IMG_july-20-09-0079.jpg

IMG_july-20-09-0081.jpg

Is there townhouses going into this area at the south end??
IMG_july-20-09-0082.jpg

IMG_july-20-09-0090.jpg

IMG_july-20-09-0091.jpg

IMG_july-20-09-0094.jpg

IMG_july-20-09-0095.jpg

I worked on the Urban Design Brief for this one, and yes, there will be street-level retail here. It was to be a two-tower project, but as Solaris mentioned, only one will be built. The economic downturn and the hurdles Mattamy faced in getting this approved was too much for them to handle.

I worked on the Urban Design Brief for this one, and yes, there will be street-level retail here. It was to be a two-tower project, but as Solaris mentioned, only one will be built. The economic downturn and the hurdles Mattamy faced in getting this approved was too much for them to handle.

That is really good to hear (not the cancellation of tower 2 but the street level retail).

As someone pointed out way back in this thread, this is not the most desirable intersection in Brampton...and Kennedy is a bit sketchy for a few blocks north (up til, say, Vodden before suburbia returns then it is just dull) and for quite a few blocks south.

This site is a former car dealership and part (I believe) of an old Canadian Tire store....the balance of the CT store has been redone as a Shoppers Drug anchored strip and as silly as this might sound, that improved the area. So a good little retail strip with a condo above will improve the corner. The south east corner is, relatively speaking, not awful (not great but not awful) but the northern corners need work.

This intersection is, essentially, the gateway to downtown Brampton and it is not very appealing....projects like this will improve it (along with Inzola's nearby Park Place...just a bit to the west).....maybe the next up-cycle (there is going to be one, right?) some height will grow along the Queen corridor to the east.

The old CT is entirely intact, believe it or not. I remember that store well, which was cramped. The old car repair bays (moved down the street) became the seasonal section, really off from the rest. The Shoppers World CT replaced it. A few smaller stores (medical office, Quizno's Mary Brown's) filled in the rest.

The site was Bramview Ford, which moved to the Auto Mall at 7 and McLaughlin. That auto mall was encouraged by the city to move some of the dealers off of Queen so it could encourage redevelopment, but only Bramview got off the ground.

The condo (and yes, even the Shoppers improves things) will be a big improvement. The Park Place down the street will also hopefully move things east.

The hotel across the street, the Flowertown Inn, is a dive. It surprises me that even a chain as sketchy as Howard Johnson allows its name to exist on it.

The old CT is entirely intact, believe it or not. I remember that store well, which was cramped. The old car repair bays (moved down the street) became the seasonal section, really off from the rest. The Shoppers World CT replaced it. A few smaller stores (medical office, Quizno's Mary Brown's) filled in the rest.

I to remember the CT store (back when it was the only one in Brampton and Bramalea)......wasn't sure if the Shopper's mall just took the whole store or not.

The site was Bramview Ford, which moved to the Auto Mall at 7 and McLaughlin. That auto mall was encouraged by the city to move some of the dealers off of Queen so it could encourage redevelopment, but only Bramview got off the ground.[/quote}

Actually long before Bramview moved up to Van Kirk....Robertson Chrysler moved up there and changed their name to Brampton Chrysler. The vacant lot that was the Chrysler dealership has been a bit of a blight on that stretch of Queen St. Attrel Toyota and the Hyundai dealership have moved up to the mall too but I think their buildings are still there.

The condo (and yes, even the Shoppers improves things) will be a big improvement. The Park Place down the street will also hopefully move things east.

The hotel across the street, the Flowertown Inn, is a dive. It surprises me that even a chain as sketchy as Howard Johnson allows its name to exist on it.

I think we can fully agree on those points!!! Sadly, the old Shield and Sword looks like it is being redone to allow the rooms to rent out too.....not likelly this will be a 4-star!!! ;)

Aug 31

This sucker is sure moving considering it ahead of Park Place down the road from it that was started first.

Site grading taking place for the townhouses south of it and they should be underway in Sept.

No 13th floor

All the photo's I shot are here.

IMG_aug-31-09-0112.jpg

IMG_aug-31-09-0100.jpg

IMG_aug-31-09-0097.jpg

IMG_aug-31-09-0106.jpg

IMG_aug-31-09-0111.jpg

Back