News   Apr 25, 2024
 120     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Love Craft Burger

Gourmet Burger on Parliament makes the best burger I've ever tasted with lots of free premium toppings such as carmelized onions, roasted peppers, mushrooms, avacodo etc. Craft Burger charges $1.25 for EACH of these extra toppings. I have never eaten at Craft Burger and never will because I think their prices are a complete rip off. A fully loaded Burger at Gourmet Burger costs $5.50 whereas the same burger would cost $11.95 at Craft! I would be curious to hear from those who have tried both places. Is Craft Burger really worth TWICE the price???? I hope the new location for Gourmet Burger will have lots of seating. Lack of seating is a big drawback at their Parliament location.
I'm sure where you are getting your numbers but a fully loaded burger costs 5.65 at Craft and not the $11.95.
I just had a burger como for $10 tax in. that's burger fries and a drink.
Get your numbers straight before start misleading people.
thanks

I think the facts are that if you want onions, mushrooms, avocado, etc, you have to pay $1.25 for each, above and beyond the initial burger price at Craft, whereas they are included with a basic burger at GBC. And I think Peppers, above, was quite clear about that in his post. He was certainly not misleading. If anything, your post is misleading.

http://www.craftburger.com/flash.html

I'm sure where you are getting your numbers but a fully loaded burger costs 5.65 at Craft and not the $11.95.
I just had a burger como for $10 tax in. that's burger fries and a drink.
Get your numbers straight before start misleading people.
thanks

Here is the breakdown:

Veggie Burger at GBC : $5.50 includes carmelized onions / roasted peppers / mushrooms / Avocado toppings ALL FOR FREE plus a lot of other free toppings not available at craft (e.g. beets). Total Price : $5.50

Veggie Burger at Craft: $6.95 + Carmelized Onions ADD $1.25 + Roasted Red Peppers ADD $1.25 + Avocado ADD $1.25 + Mushrooms ADD $1.25 Total Price: $11.95 OR MORE THAN TWICE THE PRICE AT GBC !!!!!

I got the prices for Craft from their website: http://www.craftburger.com/onlinemenu.pdf

So you can see there was no attempt to mislead on my part - I had my facts correct!.

Last edited:
Never had craft, but GBC has a great burger. LOVE the toppings, however the quality of the burger is much better at Allens hands down. At allens, I just have a plain burger with lettuce and onion, cooked rar and it is great. But sometimes you just want a big greasy burger with all these great toppings and GBC does it well.

Wow, more efficient at emptying the stomach than seeing the nude guys at the Pride parade

If you think Craft Burger is expensive, try Bamburger at 2112 Yonge St near Yonge/Eglinton.

http://www.bamburger.ca/

Basic burger is $7.95 (includes tomatoes, lettuce, onion, ketchup, relish, and mustard) + $1.25 to $1.75 per additional topping depending on the topping. For example, pickles cost $1.25, bacon $1.75, cheese $1.75, and mayo or other similar condiment (e.g. curry sauce) $1.35. You could easily build a $20.00 burger that contains basic toppings normally free at other places.

No drink included in that, just fries, don't bother upgrading to the sweet potato fries for $1.00, they are just frozen McCain fries.

My point? No idea, but Bamburger is weak.

Petite Thuet - 1 King West

Finally, the ever vacant space at 1 King West has been filled by Marc Thuet's cafe concept, Petite Thuet. Lots of soup, salad and sandwich options available for lunch and brunch in a tall, bright and colourful space. It's not a spacious room, but for those who do manage to get a seat, it's a far less noisy (or smelly) and busy space than the Starbucks across the street.

No charcuterie on the menu, as far as I could see but there was plenty of cold cuts in the cooler on display so I could be completely wrong.

It's good to see that a chain didn't have the foresight to snap up the space, which must have been cheap given how long it was vacant for.

Attachments

• IMG_3060_1.JPG
    IMG_3060_1.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 315
I laughed when I saw the price of Petite Thuet's jams - $33 for a 250 ml jar of "wild raspberry". ( Ãœrban Shocker's are $6 ).

None of Thuet's jams have set - they're liquid.

Maybe the rent there's higher than we think?

I've been selling my jams here at work ( oops - "work"... ) and building up a customer list for when I truck in the migrant workers and go into mass production. The redcurrant/blackcurrant blend is doing well, as did the gooseberry a couple of weeks ago. Raspberry next.

Back