News   Apr 24, 2024
 144     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 602     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

It just closed, so that it doesn't compete with its other location at Yonge and Dundas. Ha.

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2017/10/milestones-closing-john-and-richmond-toronto/
That bit about competing with itself was amusing. What that really means is that those restaurants simply aren't competing with other restaurants: Yonge-Dundas Square and the Entertainment District are two different markets, and no-one is travelling a long way to either of them because there's a Milestones there.

Maybe it's going to be converted to another Cara brand - perhaps the "Landing" chain?

That's a good bet actually. I think the Landing chain has more of a party atmosphere that fits with that 'hood.

'Hosu' at Queen and John closed a few weeks ago. There was a landlord relief letter or some such thing taped to the door asking the owner to pay $27,000. in back rent. My wife guessed that might be ONE months rent. It was always busy; I suppose the killer rent killed them.

'Tot Cat Cafe' on College closed on Nov. 8.

https://www.facebook.com/torontocatcafe/

From the Cat Café's Facebook page:

TOT the Cat Café
8 November at 12:10 ·
After years of serving you and HUNDREDS of cats were rehomed! With heavy hearts from all of our volunteers, we announce that TOT the Cat Cafe will be concluding its mission from 298 College Street, Toronto ON.
Effective from 6pm 8th November, 2017.
We decided to take a break, then return with BIGGER, BETTER, PURR-ER, and much more surprises to YOU ALL! New location(s) will be announced!
In the meantime, we would like to take this opportunity to say thank you all for helping us make a difference not only in our community but in the world around us! These efforts would not be possible without your patronage and continuous support.
Briefing through our contribution, TOT the Cat Café is a Cat Café on mission! We are all volunteers based, rescue cats, and rehoming them! Specially thanks to our biggest sponsorship and supporter, Scarborough Cat Club and Harmony Pet Supplies!
Make sure you contact them when you decided to adopt a cat!
This is Olen, we look forward to seeing you again. And
ADOPT DON’T SHOP!

Craft Beer Market is now open at 1 Adelaide St. East and was absolutely packed for lunch on Friday. The food was better than expected, there are many gluten-free options including beers, and the service was very good considering it had just opened.

Zebu Steak + Bar will replace the Milestone on John St. They are promising "a truly authentic Brazilian fusion menu." They also claim that they will have Toronto's first true wine bar (??).

Spirits has been there forever.
Yeah, that's the end of an era. I played on a trivia team for a few years, and met there several times… won this there:

IMG_3150.JPG

Memories

Attachments

• IMG_3150.JPG
    IMG_3150.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 413
Eggspectation is going into the unit currently inhabited by the condo sales centre at the corner of Scott St. and The Esplanade, and will have a patio outside.

Back