Toronto Paintbox | ?m | 26s | Daniels | Diamond Schmitt

Well that looks like a palliative care centre.

Yeah, this does not look like DSAI. This looks like some kind of uninspiring 1973....retro thing. I feel we haven't seen a building meet the ground floor like that in this boom yet.

Yeah, this does not look like DSAI. This looks like some kind of uninspiring 1973....retro thing. I feel we haven't seen a building meet the ground floor like that in this boom yet.
That's kind of what I have come to expect from them ... A nursing home with balconies.

It looks like the picture is looking west from Regent Park Blvd but whats the beige coloured wall on the right side?

Paintbox / Daniels Spectrum

just saw the latest render of the THCH building west of one park south. Why is it so ugly? I don't get why Daniels and THCH decided to abandon the modern style of their phase 1 THCH buildings and change them into the ugly dark brown brick that the previous regent park buildings used...

20046-68281.jpg

just saw the latest render of the THCH building west of one park south. Why is it so ugly? I don't get why Daniels and THCH decided to abandon the modern style of their phase 1 THCH buildings and change them into the ugly dark brown brick that the previous regent park buildings used...

20046-68281.jpg

Cheaper?

Don't put too much stock in a rendering in regards to exactly what colour the bricks the building will end up with. These could be any colour of red (or brown) when it's built.

I personally hate it. Like the other THCH building with the yellow and dark brown brick near by. I don't get the shift in design philosophy from phase 1 to 2. It's hard to tell the difference between market and THCH buildings in phase 1. But it's clearly distinguishable in phase 2. hopefully the real thing is better than the render

I personally hate it. Like the other THCH building with the yellow and dark brown brick near by. I don't get the shift in design philosophy from phase 1 to 2. It's hard to tell the difference between market and THCH buildings in phase 1. But it's clearly distinguishable in phase 2. hopefully the real thing is better than the render

I think one of the issue maybe they have determined tall point towers isn't worth the cost and the trouble after the experience at Block 32?

AoD

You mean Block 32 at CityPlace? Regent Park developments aren't affected (typically) by having to go after rezonings to get them approved, as that's all been done, so there's no NIMBYism of that type to worry about here.

You mean Block 32 at CityPlace? Regent Park developments aren't affected (typically) by having to go after rezonings to get them approved, as that's all been done, so there's no NIMBYism of that type to worry about here.

Yup Block 32 - I don't meant negative experience from having to rezone or NIMBYism - more the general cost and outcome of building affordable housing in high rise typology.

http://www.torontohousing.ca/webfm_send/10572/1?

AoD

Back