News   Mar 28, 2024
 262     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 245     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 284     0 

Rate this floorplan: X2 Condos - Hayes

I would like to have an upgraded kitchen. The standard kitchen already include: granite/corian countertop, island/dining table combo in granite/corian, stainless steel appliances, porcelain backsplash. Can I get your thoughts on what I should upgrade to keep the kitchen (and the whole unit itself) fresh and modern for years to come as well as to increase the value of the unit when I decide to sell. Thanks everyone.

I would like to have an upgraded kitchen. The standard kitchen already include: granite/corian countertop, island/dining table combo in granite/corian, stainless steel appliances, porcelain backsplash. Can I get your thoughts on what I should upgrade to keep the kitchen (and the whole unit itself) fresh and modern for years to come as well as to increase the value of the unit when I decide to sell. Thanks everyone.

without having seen any builder's samples, etc the standard kitchen sounds good already.

it doesn't seem like there's much to add to increase value.
if anything, there's the possibility of over doing and not getting any money back from it.

my only true caveat, do not design a too trendy kitchen when choosing your selections.
ie. do not do the stainless steel tile, or colourful tile backsplashes, etc

I also notice that the trash room cuts into the unit. Luckily the closet does shield it from any noise associated with it, but it is still near your entry door (sounds and smells will be noticeable). Something to think about.

Very true, then again you will hear all sorts of noise from the hallway and other units no matter where your unit is located. I lived next to the stairwell and could hear the slamming of the stairwell door throughout my unit.

Not to mention, because Great Gulf didn't build the concrete walls to the edge of the units/window (in X and I'm sure it will happen in X2), you will hear your neighbours. I have heard my neighbours have sex or simple things such as sneezing.

You can see in the Hayes unit - the living area, there is about 2 feet of space from your wall to the window and that 2 feet is just drywall. If you have loud neighbours, you may hear noise coming from that area. It is condo living and not that hard to deal with, but I did find that X was one of the louder condos that I have lived in.

thanks for your input cdr and Cruz.

Yes, the standard kitchen is pretty much already upgraded. It even comes with the stainless steel integrated hood fan as a standard which is an upgrade for most condos. The only upgrade I may get, if available, is the glass tile backsplash instead of the porcelain tiles. If they offer 2 level cupboards with puck lighting (like in X) then that would be an option for me too. An upgraded faucet is also something I'm considering.

I'm not sure why the concrete does not extend all the way to the window in the living room. Must be a structural reason. I think I would be really annoyed if I can hear my neighbours having sex.

Hello. I just heard from the Manager of the Great Gulf Decor Center that colour selections for X2 Condos will start sometime this December.

Back