News   May 03, 2024
 805     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 512     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 252     0 

RapidTO: Citywide Streetcar Priority (City of Toronto, TTC)

Great, now do the 45 during midday, or the 37.

37: 25 minutes during midday
45: 16 minutes during midday

What about on weekends? The 45 has a decent frequency on weekends, but each branch of the 37 runs every 17 minutes on Saturday afternoons. And those were but two examples that I gave off the top of my head, there are other routes which are just as bad. Each branch of the 40 runs every 24 minutes midday. The 42 runs every 16. The 46 is every 19 minutes. The outer branches of the 47 north of St. Clair are every 18 minutes. The 51 is every 22 minutes. 18 minutes on the 57.

My point is, this isn't about weather, and I have no idea what your angle is in bringing it up. Do you really think that people with access to a car would wait for these terrible quality services if the weather was more agreeable? Or are you going to tell me that you wouldn't wait for a bus that runs every 5 minutes when it's 30 degrees out? Come on.

Last edited:
Great, now do the 45 during midday, or the 37.

37: 25 minutes during midday
45: 16 minutes during midday

What about on weekends? The 45 has a decent frequency on weekends, but each branch of the 37 runs every 17 minutes on Saturday afternoons. And those were but two examples that I gave off the top of my head, there are other routes which are just as bad. Each branch of the 40 runs every 24 minutes midday. The 42 runs every 16. The 46 is every 19 minutes. The outer branches of the 47 north of St. Clair are every 18 minutes. The 51 is every 22 minutes. 18 minutes on the 57.

My point is, this isn't about weather, and I have no idea what your angle is in bringing it up. Do you really think that people with access to a car would wait for these terrible quality services if the weather was more agreeable? Or are you going to tell me that you wouldn't wait for a bus that runs every 5 minutes when it's 30 degrees out? Come on.
You mentioned evening rush, you're moving goalposts at this point. The 45 has really good mid day service too.

You're saying what can we do to attract more riders? The weather is a big factor for me as an able bodied/healthy person. For people who don't fall into that boat the point is going to hit a lot harder. Some routes wouldn't get more ridership even with increased frequency. Also considering things like bunching etc

ttc 45.PNG

Back