Rêve Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

I'd like to get the 1D for myself to live in, can anyone give me some suggestions and comment on this layout?

My two cents.

1. Change the bedroom and bathroom doors from swing to pocket doors.
2. Alternatively to the bedroom door switch, and if you are comfortable with it, remove the bedroom wall entirely and replace with a half or shelved dividing wall that incorporates your flat screen TV. It would make a huge difference in the openess of the living space with more light.
3. Pick a floor level as high as you can as these face the west which has the potential to have a new building right directly smack in front of you. You will have no view at all. Educate yourself as to your future neighbours.
4. If you can pick up the extra cash required, move up to the 1J+D suite that faces east. If you go above the 4th floor, you will have a guaranteed view for a long time as those existing townhomes aren't going anywhere. The City view at night will be gorgeous.

The comment about 50 realtors lined up is not entirely accurate. Every morning this week at 10am, realtors are meeting at Tridel's office to self-regulate a line-up system that dissolves once the official roll call is sorted out.

Why is this happening? Cheap prices for investors and those who want to jump into the market.

-Affordable prices
-King West Location close to TTC, famous restaurants and Gardiner Expressway etc
-Walk to work
-Brand name builder with quality assurance
-Closing in Summer 2011-Construction has begun
-Great building amenities
-Small building - 13 storey

Tridel Does Final Preparations for Reve Grand Opening

The final preparations are happening for the Reve Grand Opening at the Tridel Head Office. Chairs, heaters and tent have been set up for the Saturday, October 24th 10 am opening.

The two Tridel boardrooms have been set up with additional closing stations for the 10 Tridel Sales Representatives that will be handling the purchase agreements.

Runners to handle the documents for closing are being trained.

Here are some photos I took this afternoon.

20091023-tridel-head-office-01.jpg

20091023-tridel-head-office-01b.jpg

Realtors have organized their lineup.
20091023-tridel-head-office-02.jpg

20091023-tridel-head-office-03.jpg

20091023-tridel-head-office-04.jpg

20091023-tridel-head-office-05.jpg

20091023-tridel-head-office-06.jpg

Heaters, chairs and tent installed in the covered garage.

20091023-tridel-head-office-07.jpg

Tridel boardroom: outside the frame on either side are closing stations equipped with computers to handle the purchase.

20091023-tridel-head-office-08.jpg

Some video will be shot tomorrow and posted to our youtube/tridelcondos page. More photos will be posted to the event blog (http://560front.com/blog).

Last edited:
I bought those same chair's at Zellers....I think they were $11.99 each. It's good to see me and Tridel have the same tastes ;)
They're not our chairs- they belong to the realtors. We own the padded folding chairs.

I think the pricing and location are great but the fact that there are lineups again terrifies me as a first time home buyer.

I want to get a unit at Reve. But there are a few changes that I'd want to do. For example, changing door position, and tiled floor in the kitchen area, or even under cabinet lightings. Are those things to be included in the contract that we sign when purchasing? Or is that a whole other contract? I'm scared that if everything isnt in writing before the 10 days cooling off period, then I might not be able to get what i want. Any advise on this??

Oh a little update, they are putting up the Reve advertisment boards at the actual site now.

I want to get a unit at Reve. But there are a few changes that I'd want to do. For example, changing door position, and tiled floor in the kitchen area, or even under cabinet lightings. Are those things to be included in the contract that we sign when purchasing? Or is that a whole other contract? I'm scared that if everything isnt in writing before the 10 days cooling off period, then I might not be able to get what i want. Any advise on this??

Oh a little update, they are putting up the Reve advertisment boards at the actual site now.

see a RE lawyer ASAP before your 10 days are up to review the Purchase and Sale Agreement and have them include what you want in the contract !

then make sure it gets signed off and INITIALLED by the developer on ALL changes.

I think any type of structural changes would need a sign-off by both parties....however some of the other things you mentioned such as cabinet lighting, tiles, etc.etc. are quite common place and don't need to be put in the purchase agreement unless it's something that you would like included in the purchase price. For example when I bought a few years back I requested the builder put hardwood throughout and they agreed to my surprise!

I think any type of structural changes would need a sign-off by both parties....however some of the other things you mentioned such as cabinet lighting, tiles, etc.etc. are quite common place and don't need to be put in the purchase agreement unless it's something that you would like included in the purchase price. For example when I bought a few years back I requested the builder put hardwood throughout and they agreed to my surprise!

Yes I am thinking of trying to get as much as i can in the purchase price.. but it seems it will be hard to do so

Yes I am thinking of trying to get as much as i can in the purchase price.. but it seems it will be hard to do so

I say go for it...just don't be too greedy but don't be a pushover either. If it's reasonable and they want your business, they might actually accept. However if you're asking for the world and/or there are 10 potential buyers behind you in line...then you are probably right, it will be very hard to do so.

Upgrades and lawyers

Correct as above (MadMax, Cdr and Bubbles). So long as you are not making structural changes a builder like Tridel can be flexible in meeting design requirements. Tridel purchasers typically get sent a design magazine, Home+, and invitations to evening and information seminars prior to choosing their colour selections. With Tridel, you also have a website (MyTridelHome.com) where all your documentation, notifications and addendae are stored including upgrades, care requests, homeowners manual and more.

Any special upgrade requests involving structural changes are often impossible to do once construction is underway. Feature upgrades after the suite has been completed can be expensive of course since you're paying twice plus once for tear-out.

For people with physical disabilities, this should be brought up at purchase. Special hardware for bathrooms can be installed such as tub grab bars. Tridel has also lowered kitchen cabinetry on request. Switches are mostly installed waist high so it won't be an issue for people in wheelchairs. Tridel was pleased recently to solve a parking issue for a purchaser who required wheel chair space for getting into their vehicle.

Look into suite wiring for electrical outlets, cable/tv and telephone. There are options for people who want to wall mount flat screens or include wall/ceiling speakers.

Read the features and finishes schedule very carefully! This can make a big difference in the value of your home purchase/investment.

As per getting a real estate lawyer I'm always surprised how many people I talk to who want to skip this step to save some money! Whatever you do, find a real estate lawyer who is familiar with closing condominium sales. We provide a list on the Tridel website of lawyers who have closed many condo deals: http://www.tridel.com/condo/lawyer.php. Also, Tridel uses eClose Guaranteed so lawyers get all inforation electronically.

Also consider getting title insurance.

Last edited:

Back