Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Rêve 
560 Front Street West, Toronto
Developer: Tridel

Rêve Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

Discussion in 'Real Estate - Individual Project Threads' started by SpadinaBus, Oct 20, 2009.

1. SpadinaBus

SpadinaBus Active Member

From the Projects and Construction thread:
    Reasons to buy Reve:
    1. It will be likely be built by Summer 2011 compared to Freed's projects which are at a minimum, more than 24 months away since they have not even started excavation.
    2. Tridel has a way better reputation than Freed. #1 in city. Freed tried to pawn off an extra City levy of considerable sum on closing to all his buyers at his latest project earlier this year, 10 Morrison. Not cool.
    3. The ammenities at Reve are better than 650 King or Fashion House.
    4. Prices at Reve are very competitive and will look pretty good for 2011. Sales are hot I hear.

Reasons not to buy Reve:
    1. Will they get enough sales to actually start construction to meet 2011? Is 2012 more realistic?
    2. King Street West is more upscale than Front Street West.
    3. Suites are small and the architect Rudy Wallman continues his trend since Victory Condos to squeeze bedrooms into overall space that is small (two bedrooms are now in the space of previous one bedrooms).

2. carturo15

carturo15 Active Member

Does anyone know what is the ceiling height for the units at REVE?

3. Ore

Ore New Member

When reviewing the floorplan of smaller units, focus on the functionality of the space and forget the square footage momentarily. You will note that the layout in these floorplans have been maximized to increase their functionality. You can literally use every square footage effectively. Thus, I believe that people will appreciate the price and the value that they are getting from such functional layouts.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  4. Ore

Ore New Member

9 feet

5. SpadinaBus

SpadinaBus Active Member

ORE
    It appears you are a real estate agent, very responsive to any negativity. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Sorry, but King West is not Front Street. Once Victory, Fashion House, 650 King, and Freed's new building at the Travelodge are done, the foot traffic and ambience of King West of Spadina to Bathurst will always prevail over that part of remote Front Street. Those Blvd. and Freed buildings are not in the $700/sqft range but in the $mid-500's, so Reve is cheaper compared to these and much cheaper compared to the east precinct of King-Spadina.

And regarding floorplans, some of these are very good and some not that good and no-one's fault. That is just how the space needed to be configured with the site constraints. You have to pick your floorplan carefully and understand fully what can be built and at what height in the adjacent properties.

I have full confidence that Tridel will do a good job but there are no guarantees on sales or start of construction or anything.

6. kennyx

kennyx Active Member

not sure about this one... there's only one 1+den unit and it's a small one at that. And all other 1bed's are less than 600 sq/ft?

7. Ore

Ore New Member

SpadinaBus, I am not a real estate agent but I am a real estate investment analyst (Toronto).

8. SpadinaBus

SpadinaBus Active Member

Keep the price low and they will come.......

9. SpadinaBus

SpadinaBus Active Member

A line up for the 24th or a line up to buy for last Saturday?

10. MadMax

MadMax Active Member

Is this still happening in this city? Or is this just a marketing ploy? Or, are speculators waiting to invest? Or is demand that much more than supply? Or did people feel they missed the boat on Lightbox, Victory, Charlie, etc.etc. and are hoping to cash in? Thoughts anyone?

11. kennyx

kennyx Active Member

that would be my guess too, based on the small unit sizes.

12. SpadinaBus

SpadinaBus Active Member

A Tridel rep told me this afternoon that there was an unofficial lineup last Saturday but that was taken care of. No lineups since.

There are a lot of small suites because I believe they want to sell the 300 suites ASAP and start construction in early 2010. The market is saying we want product below 300k. Tridel is smart on this one.

13. Ore

Ore New Member

Stunning City Views of Reve

[​IMG]

Gorgeous city and lake views (south west and south east)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  14. avatarreb

Good for Tridel... maybe not so good for owner+occupiers. With this many small units, I can predict a pretty high rent to own+occupy ratio. I'd steer clear until the property matures.

15. Monaco

Monaco Active Member

Link to floorplans please?