Toronto QRC West (Queen Richmond Centre West) | 71.93m | 17s | Allied | Sweeny &Co

I think the cladding on the blank wall is the best of a bad situation. It looks attractive with its subtle variations. But at the end of the day it's still a blank wall that's the focal point of that side of the building. If there are elevators behind that wall, I would have preferred glass elevators behind clear glass to animate the facade.

I think the cladding on the blank wall is the best of a bad situation. It looks attractive with its subtle variations. But at the end of the day it's still a blank wall that's the focal point of that side of the building. If there are elevators behind that wall, I would have preferred glass elevators behind clear glass to animate the facade.

You've forgotten that Phase 2 will obscure much of that side of the building...

Just because things might not always be done well is not a reason not to do something, it's only a reason not to do something badly.

That said, there won't be any mural on that wall: there will be Phase 2.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but i notice that the cladding over the glass tapers down to the left. Is that deliberate?

DSC00950.JPG
DSC00951.JPG
DSC00952.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00950.JPG
    DSC00950.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 1,385
  • DSC00951.JPG
    DSC00951.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 1,372
  • DSC00952.JPG
    DSC00952.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 1,405
Sorry if this has been discussed before but i notice that the cladding over the glass tapers down to the left. Is that deliberate?

yes I assume, it is hard to tell the photo above your statement, but the structure on the west side of the south entrance is a bit taller than the structure on the east side.

They did a really great job on the restoration but the glass blob on top is right out of Mississauga.

I work just around the corner from this building. Every day I pass it...I will try to find a job in there. I need to work here.

Back