News   Mar 18, 2024
 719     0 

CF Promenade (Thornhill)

WislaHD

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This is interesting news.

But I have to wonder if this will be a tough sell with the impending loss of Sears as a major tenant.

I still shop here every once in awhile as there are a few stores my wife likes.

At least another major tenant, T&T Supermarket (Asian grocery store chain owned by Loblaws), isn't going anywhere, along with some of the tenants within it, such as One's Better Living.

Bulk Barn's relocation from the Promenade to the power centre across Centre marked the beginning of the death of the mall.

At least another major tenant, T&T Supermarket (Asian grocery store chain owned by Loblaws), isn't going anywhere, along with some of the tenants within it, such as One's Better Living.

Bulk Barn's relocation from the Promenade to the power centre across Centre marked the beginning of the death of the mall.

They wanted to get rid of T&T in 2008, and replace it with an upscale department store outlet, which never materialized after the recession. The tenents inside of T&T are subleases of T&T. Bulk Barn moved out, but was quickly replaced with a more viable store, Dollarama, which took up 4 store fronts!

It is too bad T&T is still there. It just stinks up that end of the mall.

Back