News   Apr 26, 2024
 983     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 269     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 788     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

My comment:
We are the Sinclair Broadcast Group. Lower your shields and surrender your news broadcasting programs. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

BTW. Think it doesn't happen here? Think again. See link.

Postmedia let down readers by dictating election endorsements: Honderich

Postmedia CEO Paul Godfrey did the newspaper industry a disservice by dictating election endorsements, writes Torstar Chair John Honderich.​

He's not running for re-election. That's different than resigning. In his announcement, he even stated "To be clear, I am not resigning". In today's political environment, it's an important distinction given that people come and go with regularity.

Last edited:
Sorry, I worded it wrong. Another GOP house representative from Florida also announced they weren't running for re-election.

Well, Trump is definitely schizoid: he's now asking his trade officials to look into joining the TPP.

Barbara Bush Bush died today at age 92. From an interview of a couple of years ago:

But did the voters listen... no.
Fair enough, but imagine a world where no Bush was president.

Without Bush and Bush II, does Iraq still invade Kuwait? Do US troops still encamp in Saudi Arabia and spark Al-Qaeda? Without Bush Senior, does 9/11 still occur, leading to a 17 year, still ongoing USA deployment and war in the Middle East? Without the Bushes, do we have the mass exodus of Syrian and other African/Middle Eastern refugees fleeing to Europe, plus hundreds of thousands of dead civilians in the region? Would Dukakis (in place of Bush I) have invaded Iraq in 1992 and sparked the line of events leading to today? Would Gore (in place of Bush II) have invaded Iraq in a feint reaction to 9/11?

Without the Bushes, would the foundations needed for Trump to win be in place? Would the world have been a better place without the Bush presidencies?

Without Bush and Bush II, does Iraq still invade Kuwait? Do US troops still encamp in Saudi Arabia and spark Al-Qaeda? Without Bush Senior, does 9/11 still occur, leading to a 17 year, still ongoing USA deployment and war in the Middle East? Without the Bushes, do we have the mass exodus of Syrian and other African/Middle Eastern refugees fleeing to Europe, plus hundreds of thousands of dead civilians in the region? Would Dukakis (in place of Bush I) have invaded Iraq in 1992 and sparked the line of events leading to today? Would Gore (in place of Bush II) have invaded Iraq in a feint reaction to 9/11?

Without the Bushes, would the foundations needed for Trump to win be in place? Would the world have been a better place without the Bush presidencies?
No doubt things may have been different. But the unrest in the middle east did exist before and likely would have continued regardless. If not Al-Qaeda, then someone else would have attacked America - remember the 93 trade centre bombing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_World_Trade_Center_bombing

If not the Bushes, then it would have been another US President. When was the last one that didn't start or continue an existing overseas adventure.

If not the Bushes, then it would have been another US President. When was the last one that didn't start or continue an existing overseas adventure.
True. The last President I can think that eschewed global adventures was Herbert Hoover. However, with Hoover in the White House there would have been no US involvement in WW2, at least in Europe, where the Nazis and Soviets fight to Europe’s destruction.

Last edited:

Back