News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 343     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 907     1 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Their domestic market is already the largest car market in the world.
For Chinese makes, certainly. But they’re increasingly not buying imported vehicles, while stealing tech from any foreign firms like Tesla that set up shop in China, and thus their market is increasingly less relevant to the rest of us.

Last edited:
Just in case we start to think it is just us:

Why would anyone bother to vote in an Alberta municipal election if this bill passes? The election could be cancelled, candidates removed, results ignored.

Edmonton elected officials and political scientists are skeptical about proposed changes to legislation by the Alberta government, which they say would affect the way municipalities govern.
"I see Bill 20 as an attack on local democracy," Mayor Amarjeet Sohi told CBC Edmonton's Radio Active Thursday. "This is going to undermine local decision-making and it's going to hurt our communities."

Introduced in the legislature Thursday, the Municipal Affairs Statutes Amendment Act would give the Alberta cabinet authority to dismiss councillors in any municipality and repeal bylaws already passed by a council.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmo...nce-s-new-municipal-governance-bill-1.7185720

Last edited:
Why would anyone bother to vote in an Alberta municipal election if this bill passes? The election could be cancelled, candidates removed, results ignored.

Edmonton elected officials and political scientists are skeptical about proposed changes to legislation by the Alberta government, which they say would affect the way municipalities govern.
"I see Bill 20 as an attack on local democracy," Mayor Amarjeet Sohi told CBC Edmonton's Radio Active Thursday. "This is going to undermine local decision-making and it's going to hurt our communities."

Introduced in the legislature Thursday, the Municipal Affairs Statutes Amendment Act would give the Alberta cabinet authority to dismiss councillors in any municipality and repeal bylaws already passed by a council.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmo...nce-s-new-municipal-governance-bill-1.7185720
I realize it's not a direct comparison since municipalities are not constitutionally protected, but it strikes me that Alberta is doing to its municipalities what they are complaining the federal government is doing to them.

Back