Toronto Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport | ?m | ?s | Ports Toronto | Arup

There may be WT work kicking off on the slip side soon according to a rumour I heard...

Portland slip? It's certainly needed to alleviate that pinch point on the MGT where the bike path and sidewalks converge!

I checked it out, and you can indeed access the park via Bathurst. There is a nice little path east of the elevator building.

Thanks!

I checked it out, and you can indeed access the park via Bathurst. There is a nice little path east of the elevator building.

Great, thanks. Looking forward to going back. If it's been open for 'ages' then it was closed for 'eons'.

It was officially opened in 2007; I know it was then fenced off. I don't remember when you started being able to go there again, but I went regularly last summer and this summer, although always via the east side.

It was officially opened in 2007; I know it was then fenced off. I don't remember when you started being able to go there again, but I went regularly last summer and this summer, although always via the east side.

I found a UT post about it
. It was closed for four years ending July 2014.

I was surveyed by Ports Toronto tonight regarding the potential impact to Toronto's waterfront with proposed changes at the island airport

They asked about how I used the waterfront now, what I like and don't like about it. They asked how jets and the runway extension would impact (if at all) my use of the waterfront and would it be positive or negative. They asked if I use the airport and why or why not. They asked if my use of the airport would change with jets and the runway extension. They asked if the UP Express has or would impact my use of the island airport and of Pearson. It was a fairly comprehensive survey and not overtly biased -- for example, they didn't mention any pros or cons such as noise, traffic, new destinations or whatever; they asked open-ended questions and then asked for more details, so if I said there could be increased traffic congestion they asked for specifics, but they didn't suggest traffic congestion.

Soon we'll know if they are good enought for the island airport

Bombardier C Series Aircraft Visits Toronto

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Sept. 8, 2015) - Fred Cromer, President, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft, together with his senior leadership team, invites representatives of the media to a special event as the C Series aircraft makes its Toronto debut. Come discover ingenuity in flight as our all-new C Series aircraft makes an appearance at our Toronto site for the first time. The event will include a CS100 aircraft flight demonstration, an aircraft visit, and a program status update.

Where? Bombardier Toronto Site, 123 Garratt Blvd., Toronto, Ontario M3K 1Y5

When? Thursday, September 10, 2015, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Read more at http://www.stockhouse.com/news/pres...s-aircraft-visits-toronto#1h2dmV0YX7CvGTXV.99

The CS100 did a flyby of Toronto Island airport as well. Did anyone here see and/or hear it?
From this Sylvain Faust tweet:

COjqQ08UAAAJc6U.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't notice but I hear planes all day so unless they sound unusual (like those used in the air show), I wouldn't notice :) So I guess it's good that I didn't hear a jet roaring past, right?

Wish I'd seen that, I'm looking forward to getting to fly on a c-series.

On the tunnel, I flew to Montreal yesterday on the 4:30 porter. Got stuck on a call and left my desk at King and York at 3:52, I was sitting in my seat on the plane at 4:20. Amazing, 28 minutes, never could have done that with the Ferry.

Back