News   Mar 28, 2024
 535     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 412     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 751     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

You're joking right? You actually see Harper as a monster who eats little kids? The guy had no charisma, I'll admit that, but a monster? And what empire did Harper create or try to create? If you're referring to Darth Vader, in what military conflicts did he prove himself to be the bad guy?
Look at Canada's involvement in the coup in Honduras under Harper, and our mining companies track record there and in Nicaragua.

We are no saints, and we do act imperialistically.

I was just pointing out that on both of these their message this week is the very opposite of "Real Change" as they communicate to us "No Change"

I don't understand that. If this government actually gets the buy-in of most of the provinces and establishes a concrete plan to meet the targets for GHG reductions, and then implements that plan, then that's significant change. No government in Ottawa since the Chrétien days has even meaningfully tried to come close to that. Announcing ambitious targets, and then doing nothing substantive to meet them - that would be no change.

Not sure if you are picking at an argument or just not picking up on the sentence structure I used (carefully) nowhere in there did I say the PM or the party "forced" anyone to do anything. The only place I used "forced" was in relation to actually entering the Mosque....there is no option for them to enter by the front door so, once there, they are "forced" to enter by the side door...no other choice. What I suggested was that the PM and the party should have been aware of that and in deciding who should attend the mosque with the PM it might have been better to have an all male delegation rather than bring female members that are going to exposed to the segregation and bring further spotlight on it. So, no, they weren't forced to go...but once there they were forced to go in the side door.

I'm not trying to pick a fight. You said the women were forced, and now you've repeated they were forced to enter by a side door. The women were required to use a side door, having decided themselves to enter the mosque. They were not forced to enter any door. Words are important - do not use incendiary words if they don't actually apply.

I don't even know where to start with your suggestion that Trudeau should have brought an all-male delegation. Some people seem to have completely missed the point of this visit. What an appalling message an all-male delegation would have sent to the young women in that congregation.

Reminds me of the separate entrances at taverns in Ontario.

9190242648_3222562244_m.jpg

I don't understand that. If this government actually gets the buy-in of most of the provinces and establishes a concrete plan to meet the targets for GHG reductions, and then implements that plan, then that's significant change. No government in Ottawa since the Chrétien days has even meaningfully tried to come close to that. Announcing ambitious targets, and then doing nothing substantive to meet them - that would be no change.

Are you saying Chretien had a plan to lower GHG?

Seems strange that GHG went up under Chretiens plan to lower, and then went down under Harpers non-plan.

No Canadian government that lasted for 10 years is without controversy: think about the the Chretien liberals who backtracked on their promise of scrapping the GST and the sponsorship scandal. And yes these same Liberals participated in the bombings of Serbia in 1999 and in the coalition in Afghanistan, the latter force which was withdrawn by Harper, so you can't say that they were all anti-war peaceful loving hippies. But the point is that had Harper gone into a church that demanded men be separated from the women, he would have been grilled, not just by the Toronto Star, but by all the media.

You're joking right? You actually see Harper as a monster who eats little kids? The guy had no charisma, I'll admit that, but a monster? And what empire did Harper create or try to create? If you're referring to Darth Vader, in what military conflicts did he prove himself to be the bad guy? When you say that Justin came up with a platform that people cared about and then mention Canada's peacekeeping missions, are you saying that people are more concerned about these peacekeeping missions than they are about affordable housing, economic stability and keeping the deficit under control? Yes Justin won the election fairly but then again I think your analysis as to why Justin is so loved by the media is completely wrong. Harper made a few mistakes that alienated some voters (the abuse of the temporary workers program by Canadian banks for example) but Justin's appeal is not in his policy or his intellect since he seems to lack the latter. Justin is a likable guy and he's a yes man to whatever is popular and politically correct. During the G20 summit where you saw Obama and Putin discussing the Paris terror attacks, you saw Justin taking selfies with fans. He's like that hot and friendly but ditzy girl in high school that everybody liked simply because her friendliness and ditzyness made her into a darling.

Did your day to day life honestly change ever since Harper, I mean Darth Vader, was dethroned by Justin? And how did you suffer so much under Harper?
Bitter Conservative giveaways...
1. Call him Justin.
2. Feminize him.

They trynna find something to stick...

In the meantime, the CPC leadership race has all the potential of looking like the GOP nomination. Did they get the rejects from the latter?

I am not sure how JT managed to stay this popular though - considering the fairly public missteps around use of public funds - while it may not be consequential in the grand scheme of things, the optics are terrible.

AoD

Back