News   Apr 23, 2024
 178     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 394     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Pizza!

There's a bunch of them in that area as that became the Portuguese area after the Jews and Greeks moved on up. I am always fascinated by these migration patterns.

Coco Rico. I often forget the name of that place; always knew it as that place two storefronts up from Schwartz, which remains one of the things I always do in Montreal. Damn their chicken is top notch; warrants a trip to the Main when in town just for that too. But if I'm feeling like going all out after a fatty Schwartz sandwich, I'll drop in to Coco Rico after for a pastel de nata.

Been to a relatively new place at The Esplanade and Market St. called Pastizza few times. Beautiful restaurant with really good thin crust pizzas. Good homemade Italian comfort food at a reasonable price.

http://pastizza.ca/

*Mod note: this restaurant has since closed

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought this thread was about pizza, not fast food :rolleyes:

I think that's a bit unfair. As an unapologetic foodie, who will go more than a few km out of my way for the City's best.....foods........

I think Pizzaiolo has the best slices in the City except for McEwan.

Their made-to-order pizza is also pretty good. Not the City's best; but a solid 8/10.

They deserve a fast-casual designation at least, if not the full 'za certification.

Last edited:
I think that's a bit unfair. As an unapologetic foodie, who will go more than few km out of my way for the City's best.....foods........

I think Pizzaiolo has the best slices in the City except for McEwan.

There made-to-order pizza is also pretty good. Not the City's best; but a solid 8/10.

They deserve a fast-casual designation at least, if not the full 'za certification.

I agree - in terms of all the big pizza chains, they're the best by far.

Pizzaiola for sure. Then I'd put Pizza Nova. Nothing beats a nice pie from a non-chain though. Have yet to find a good one in Toronto but I'm sure there are some. Not a fan of all the new trendy pizza places that have popped up either.

Quite a trek for me since I'm in the West End, but Descendant Detroit Style Pizza on Queen East in Leslieville is really good. Probably my second favourite place in the city after 850 Degrees Pizza.

Pizzaiola for sure. Then I'd put Pizza Nova. Nothing beats a nice pie from a non-chain though. Have yet to find a good one in Toronto but I'm sure there are some. Not a fan of all the new trendy pizza places that have popped up either.

If you enjoy a slightly thicker crust; I'm quite the fan of Gerrard Pizza, on Danforth, near Coxwell.

I ordered fresh basil, pepperoni, portabello mushroom, and sundried tomato.......(custom order).....thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you enjoy a slightly thicker crust; I'm quite the fan of Gerrard Pizza, on Danforth, near Coxwell.

I ordered fresh basil, pepperoni, portabello mushroom, and sundried tomato.......(custom order).....thoroughly enjoyed it.

I actually prefer thin crust.

Back