Toronto Pinnacle Centre Condos | 161.84m | 55s | Pinnacle | P + S / IBI

i think torontonians are a lot more comfortable with height
than we were five years ago.

it seems like just yesterday that 40s was the typical new condo height ... now it's 50 going on 80

Success Tower (North-West Tower) - 516 ft. 50 floors (Site Excavated)
Four Pinnacle Centre (South-West Tower) - 443 ft. 45 floors (where sales centre is)

I remember the days when a mere 30s will solicit so much "ohs" and "ahs" - now we're jaded to shrug off even 50s condos. How times have changed...

Ain't that the truth! :)

Here is a render of all four buildings together. A bad render, badly scanned, but a render.

PinnacleAllFour.jpg

Pinnacle news

I think it looks very good, the curvy podium looks nice and the fountain is a great addition too. Does anyone know which towers are built already and which are not?
thanks

The two on the right are complete, the two on the left are not. One is under construction though.

The one with the white box around it is the Success tower, which is under construction now. The fourth tower in the southwest corner of the site will be on the spot where the stand-alone sales office was just demolished.

I like the idea of the wrap-around podium on this project quite a lot - it reminds me of 60s projects in London and Paris, and I never mind being reminded of that. The actual constructed podium's materials are totally boring, but from a distance, it's all pretty cool, very mega-project urban, and will go a long way to making Harbourfront feel like an actual place. (Now if the Westin would just tear down and redevelop the conference centre, maybe with another conference centre, just a much better one, everything would be peachy-keen down there.)

In regards to the towers themselves, it's interesting how same-but-different each one of them are. Just a block away the three (better designed) Waterclub towers on Queens Quay are the epitome of same-but-same, despite the differences amongst them. Here at Pinnacle though, there has been more of attempt to architecturally differentiate each component tower with different window & wall patterns, different roof treaments, different building shapes, while still having them all share the same materials and palette. It's like they're cousins, as opposed to sisters.

It should be noted that they're not particularly attractive cousins, and some inbreeding is indicated.

They are at least all slightly different with the latter towers looking better than the first two.

Thanks Archivistower

Gosh the two north towers are insanely close to the Gardiner

Back