Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Picasso Condos 
318 Richmond St W, Toronto
Developer: Mattamy Homes, Goldman Group

Picasso (Goldman Group & Monarch Group) - Real Estate -

Discussion in 'Real Estate - Individual Project Threads' started by interchange42, Sep 30, 2011.

1. interchange42

interchange42 Administrator Staff Member

Thread for those interested in purchasing at Picasso at 318 Richmond Street.

2. Puissance

Puissance New Member

I'm interested in buying a unit, but as I've never lived in a condo before, can anyone comment about noise?

This is located in the Entertainment District and is right beside clubs where people will be drunk and lining up every weekend. :D How high would you have to be to not hear the noise? Or would it be unavoidable? I best way is probably to go downstairs and be one of those people, but what if I need some rest? Anyone have experience with noise from the ground level?

3. papagorgio

papagorgio New Member

Prices are out on this one.. anyone else think they're ridiculous with regard to the real estate market direction??

4. metroTO

metroTO Active Member

the majority of the units are between $560-650/sq.ft. which is actually reasonable for the entertainment district.
    It's interesting to see the drastic price differences between some of the units which are not that much different in size, which could mean there could be some variations of the quality of suite layouts or big premiums on balcony space or going up in floor level.

I am curious to see the suite floorplans, features and finishes, and building amenities.

5. Condo George

Condo George Active Member

The market is eating this one up folks during the Platinum sales event, Dec 2016 occupancy

6. ducati0000

ducati0000 Active Member

What market direction?...the market is still healthy with a estimate 15000 new residence per year moving into the downtown core.The prices arent way out of wack for this area..$570 per sqft is about the medium price range for downtown condos.

7. metroTO

metroTO Active Member

The suite plans are nicely laid out. The finishes and features are good.
    Nice to see to see a condo development that is not using the same tine kitchen layouts for every unit regardless of size. Kitchens in most of these units are spacious, with many having L- or U-shaped configurations.

Some of the faults I see:
    - stippled ceiling finish (smooth finish in bathrooms, kitchens and laundry areas). I hope there is an upgrade to smooth ceiling throughout.
    - 8' ceiling on podium level units (9' for tower units, and 10' on PH).
    - ventless combo washer/dryer unit on some units (a deal breaker for me).
    - compact 24" refrigerators used in all kitchens (also a deal breaker for me), eventhough many of the kitchens could accomodate a standard sized fridge.
    - most units have tiny inset/enclosed balconies (while some have huge expansive wrap around terraces).

8. cdr108

cdr108 Senior Member

does someone have a link to the suites ? thanks in advance

9. Granny

Granny Active Member

Ridiculous? Hardly. Keep in mind papa, these are not today's prices. These are the prices that you will be living with 4 years (minimum) from now. Still think they look crazy?
    Walk away.

10. metroTO

metroTO Active Member

11. LookingforCondo

LookingforCondo New Member

I am not as familiar to the area as some of you, but do you guys know which direction would be the best to face? Will anything be built in the future that could block a certain direction? I was thinking North is safe due to the height limit on Queen...not sure about west and east..and looks like something is coming up in the south?

12. LookingforCondo

LookingforCondo New Member

I am not as familiar to the area as some of you, but do you guys know which direction would be the best to face? Will anything be built in the future that could block a certain direction? I was thinking North is safe due to the height limit on Queen...not sure about west and east..and looks like something is coming up in the south?

13. TheKingEast

TheKingEast Senior Member

No view is safe IMO besides North.

14. TorontoMike$$

TorontoMike$$ Active Member

My thoughts, please correct me if I'm wrong. I did this analysis when they launched this building so my 411 may be dated.

West is obstructed to about the 30th floor (with the Greenpark Building next door)
    East above the 6th should be OK
    North above 6th should be OK
    S/E above the Scotiabank Theatre (3-4 floors) should give you some sort of view but obstructed looking south/west and directly south

15. gentlepuppies

gentlepuppies Active Member

Ack, terrible floorplans, and overpriced. S-shaped rooms in 500sf one-bedrooms are unacceptable!