Toronto Peter Street Condominiums | 129.84m | 40s | CentreCourt | a—A

I'm super excited for this. :) What a beast!

How long will it likely be tilll we will see a rendering?

It there a list of all the 'Entertainment District' condo projects? There must be dozens of them planned or under construction by now, with more being announced all the time.

Yeah, when all said and done there pretty well can be anywhere from 24-36 new towers for this area....from a visual perspective it will make Concord Adex CityPlace rail lands development look like small change.:eek:

The massing for this one definitely is interesting. I imagine the base will be a similar setup to EAST, with the randomized brick sections. The podium-to-tower ratio is strange, but I think it will have a really urban look. I'm dying to see a rendering for this, and for the new aA design on Grenville.

I think there needs to be a list/thread grouping all the proposals/buildings U/C in the Entertainment District and another for the Humber Bay Shores. Moderators? Admin?

Any renderings yet?

I presume it's going to be very similar to the Sackville Street building aA designed for Regent Park.

Do we like it?

peterstreetcondominiums.jpg

It looks amazing in high rez, but you'll have to wait for that...:D

The base reminds me of East Lofts; the tower is King Charlotte meets East's spandrels. Very Savile Row.

Last edited:
From that angle it reminds me a lot of Murano! But the base is much better.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Unimaginative, but classy. Generic Clewes. I think his design for the Greyhound site on Front is a much more interesting effort from him.

It's great to see the reurbanization of this district with these types of uses. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this condo may have 3 bedroom units which is great for the family with kids demographic. The continuous balconies are a great addition too.

I've got a super high rez copy, not certain how to save it from pdf to imageshack. @urbantoronto folks will probably get a copy tomorrow.

Upload it to a hosting site as a pdf, and then I can convert it for you if you send me the link. Or I can send you my email via private message and you can email it to me... then I'll convert it and post it :).

-----------------------------

I'm surprised that's the angle they are showing. I think it would be more interesting to see it from the corner, as opposed to the back alley that runs behind the building. Alas, a tasteful design! :)

It's great to see the reurbanization of this district with these types of uses. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this condo may have 3 bedroom units which is great for the family with kids demographic. The continuous balconies are a great addition too.
Major disappointment.

Let’s be honest, all of these new towers are the same - simply taller apartment buildings. There is nothing here for anyone to get excited about. There has to be more than just "wow, it's 40 storeys” at this point doesn't there?

The number of new buildings seems to be slowing substantially and aside from a few, the buildings are crap. Taller apartment buildings, demonstrating no design skills whatsoever. The only people who could get excited about this one or "Pace" or any of the other recent debacles is the developer who stands to make a crapload of money selling this twaddle to average folks looking for a cheap accommodations.

It would be great to see some more "Ritz" or "Aura" or "Shangri-la" style buildings, but I guess those days are over for this run.

Back