News   Apr 24, 2024
 621     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 829     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 547     0 

Pacific Mall Expansion + Hotel (Living Realty, 19s?, Petroff)

A South Asian mall would be interesting too. If the Pacific Mall expansion and the Remington Centre both get built then The Landmark definitely wouldn't survive, it's kind of extreme oversaturation.

Does anyone remember the Oriental Centre at Brimley and Sheppard? I remember the upper floor was mostly empty, and then the mall was mostly cheap retail. Plus the main Chinese restaurant closed down not long ago too.

Ah... I go there on occassion.. primarily because of the resturant. There isn't anything that anchors the store. Aside from the dollar type store on the 1st floor, not really any place I would go just to check it out/shop...
In regards to the market, it would be a problem since the resturant didn't survive - they owed alot of money and got forced out - so having the Landmark may be a problem with everything else being built.

Im not really sure if I understand why all day GO service on the Stouffville/Lincolnville line would improve traffic to PMall/Remington Centre/Spendid China...is there some kind of precedent that shows that people will take the GO train to get to a retail destination? Do GO trains generall run on weekends, when most travel to retail destinations occurs? I for one dont really see improved GO service really impacting the traffic situation...to handle the traffic chaos which will probably stretch from Kennedy to Markham road, I believe that will need 3 lanes on each side of Steeles (unfortunate planning as Steeles, between Middlefield and Markham has recently been developed, so it probably would have been easier/cheaper to get 3 lanes in for that portion...frankly im surprised that given the popularity of PMall it happened that Steeles goes from 3 lanes to 2 right at the GO tracks...

Jesus H. Christ, how many times do people have to mention that *improved* GO service is being talked about? Of course there's no precedent: Milliken only gets 4 southbound trains in the morning and 5 northbound trains in the pm NOW but will get better service IN THE FUTURE.

did you even understand my post? I was asking GENERALLY about how improved GO service is expected to alleviate traffic, esp on weekends...obv no idea if it will work for PMall/Remington in actuality....if my understanding is correct regular service would be what maybe every 30min-1hr...perhaps the TTC will make the 53 Steeles bus frequent service or something to that effect...

I think I'd call the 53 frequent service today ....
It's pretty much 10min or better most of the times (expect early / late evenings) 7 days a week ...

True, but people in the Asian community or curious visitors who want to commute from Downtown may find it undesirable to take the 53 when they could just take the GO bus (if improved frequencies were available).

Maybe Pacific Mall should learn from Vaughan Mills megamall. They have a free shuttle to/from Union for shoppers. I would assume that this is a good draw for tourists who wish to shop without driving through all of our industrial districs and other mindless sprawl.

Right now the GO bus doesn't even go to that area, the final stop is at Unionville which is at the 407, and then goes downtown.

However the train stop is close to Pacific Mall, but of course it's only during rush hours.

did you even understand my post? I was asking GENERALLY about how improved GO service is expected to alleviate traffic, esp on weekends...obv no idea if it will work for PMall/Remington in actuality....if my understanding is correct regular service would be what maybe every 30min-1hr...perhaps the TTC will make the 53 Steeles bus frequent service or something to that effect...

Don't follow up nonsense with gibberish.

Currently, there is no weekend GO service to Pacific Mall. There is just a handful of one-way rush hour trains. That GO line runs through the largest concentration of Asians in the city and almost everyone in Markham and Scarborough would be able to use it to get to Pacific Mall...and many would, especially given the mall's decent recreational reputation (it's not just housewives loading up on stuff and needing a car to drag it all home). The line also goes downtown in a fraction the time it takes to get there via subway & bus, which immensely improves the tourist accessibility and perhaps even the hipster/SOB allure.

how about a steeles crosstown lrt... makes more sense to me.. improved go transit will only help so much

Don't follow up nonsense with gibberish.

Currently, there is no weekend GO service to Pacific Mall. There is just a handful of one-way rush hour trains. That GO line runs through the largest concentration of Asians in the city and almost everyone in Markham and Scarborough would be able to use it to get to Pacific Mall...and many would, especially given the mall's decent recreational reputation (it's not just housewives loading up on stuff and needing a car to drag it all home). The line also goes downtown in a fraction the time it takes to get there via subway & bus, which immensely improves the tourist accessibility and perhaps even the hipster/SOB allure.

Yes Im well aware of the line I take it every day AND GET OFF AT MILLIKEN WHICH IS THE STOP ACROSS FROM PMALL to get to work so dont try and talk down to me as though I have no idea what its about I probably know alot more about it than you do...I am also aware that there is no weekend service on this line...im just asking what kind of proof or currently existing example (USING THE EXAMPLE OF ANOTHER MALL/SHOPPING CENTRE) do we have that people will take GO trains to get to a mall...all you have is an assumption...which does not constitute proof/evidence...that is all im asking please learn to read before responding with such a harsh tone...

Yes Im well aware of the line I take it every day AND GET OFF AT MILLIKEN WHICH IS THE STOP ACROSS FROM PMALL to get to work so dont try and talk down to me as though I have no idea what its about I probably know alot more about it than you do...I am also aware that there is no weekend service on this line...im just asking what kind of proof or currently existing example (USING THE EXAMPLE OF ANOTHER MALL/SHOPPING CENTRE) do we have that people will take GO trains to get to a mall...all you have is an assumption...which does not constitute proof/evidence...that is all im asking please learn to read before responding with such a harsh tone...

Pacific Mall is at Milliken??? OMG, I didn't know that! I thought it was in Brampton!

There are zero (0) malls at GO stations in the entire GTA. Pacific Mall would be the first, along with Markville (a block away), if it actually got some real service. The closest with actual service is Pickering Town Centre, and you need to cross the 401 to get to it, so, naturally, few people do this. There is no precedent. People do use GO to help get them from random 905 cities to the Eaton Centre, though.

Pacific Mall is at Milliken??? OMG, I didn't know that! I thought it was in Brampton!
*insert eye roll here

There are zero (0) malls at GO stations in the entire GTA. Pacific Mall would be the first, along with Markville (a block away), if it actually got some real service. The closest with actual service is Pickering Town Centre, and you need to cross the 401 to get to it, so, naturally, few people do this. There is no precedent. People do use GO to help get them from random 905 cities to the Eaton Centre, though.

Now that is the kind of answer I was originally looking for, the background info I was looking for.

Back