News   May 03, 2024
 959     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 589     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 281     0 

Ontario railway map

Pity some folk were not looking at this in the summer, it might have avoided the power-blackout in downtown Toronto! The Hydro One lines they hit are clearly marked!

1667168237589.png

I know this is a far shot but with how the Provincial Government is currently ramming through legislation and flipping green fields for housing. It makes one wonder if the government will also be reactivating abandoned/existing rail trail corridors in favour of developers for new housing? The watering down if not outright eliminating EA and overriding municipal and regional jurisdictional governance means the Province could technically override any decision.

The site still shows the tracks at the Portlands. These haven't been active for sometime.

The line from the Corridor and along the Lake Shore doesn't exist anymore, as the tracks were removed months ago. Map needs updating unless the province is going to reinstall those removed rails as well a new bridge over the Don.

The line from the Corridor and along the Lake Shore doesn't exist anymore, as the tracks were removed months ago. Map needs updating unless the province is going to reinstall those removed rails.
Many other sections of the tracks to/on the Portlands are also gone - south of Commissioners St @ Canada Post, west of Cherry Street etc. Though some businesses wanted the tracks to remain I think they are 'gone' - even if not yet officially abandoned and, are certainly not connected to anything so are useless.

Many other sections of the tracks to/on the Portlands are also gone - south of Commissioners St @ Canada Post, west of Cherry Street etc. Though some businesses wanted the tracks to remain I think they are 'gone' - even if not yet officially abandoned and, are certainly not connected to anything so are useless.
Been too long for me being south of Commissioner St to comment on those tracks and leave it to others.

The last section of tracks still in place on the Lake Shore that I saw was the centre section back in the spring and been on my do list to look at. There were no ties or rail on Villers St back in Aug with the section up to the Lake Shore dug up as well.

The only place I saw tank cars going to or anything for the waterfront area was the CanRoof plant last year. The yard was haft the size then and empty

Giving where Toronto heading for the waterfront, rail doesn't fit in that plan nor who would want a line to be at x location. Even Redpath moved from rail to trucks as it was screwing up the east LRT extension back in 2000's, but tracks were gone after that timeframe

Been too long for me being south of Commissioner St to comment on those tracks and leave it to others.

The last section of tracks still in place on the Lake Shore that I saw was the centre section back in the spring and been on my do list to look at. There were no ties or rail on Villers St back in Aug with the section up to the Lake Shore dug up as well.

The only place I saw tank cars going to or anything for the waterfront area was the CanRoof plant last year. The yard was haft the size then and empty

Giving where Toronto heading for the waterfront, rail doesn't fit in that plan nor who would want a line to be at x location. Even Redpath moved from rail to trucks as it was screwing up the east LRT extension back in 2000's, but tracks were gone after that timeframe
There is a LOT of discussion on the Portlands Rail Spur on the Lower Don lands thread. I suggest we do not talk more of it here.

Back